AnthonySS

READER RIDES

HEY GUYS, I'VE KINDA LOOKED AROUND THE SITE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS.I'M LOGAN.THIS POST IS KINDA STARTING OFF LIKE AN AA MEETING. :P I DON'T HAVE A STV BUT IT'S STILL A TRIAD.I JUST BOUGHT IT FROM A BUDDY OF MINE ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO.THIS WAS WALLY'S BOAT HE PUT UP FOR SALE ABOUT 2 YRS AGO.I LIVE ABOUT 30 MILES WEST OF NASHVILLE & HIT THE TENNESSEE RIVER EVERY CHANCE I GET,ATLEAST 1 TIME PER WEEK.THESE ARE THE ONLY PHOTOS I HAVE OF THE BOAT AT THIS TIME.THESE WERE WALLY'S PHOTOS WHEN HE SOLD THE BOAT IN '05

[attachmentid=2343]

[attachmentid=2344]

[attachmentid=2345]

post-1611-1167958744.jpg

post-1611-1167958825.jpg

post-1611-1167958863.jpg

LOGAN,

Welcome to STVowners. Your Triad is very sweet. Thanks for sharing the pics with us and let us know if we can help you in any way.

I APPRECIATE IT MATT & ANTHONY.I'VE BEEN LOOKING AT SOME OF THE OTHER POSTS FOR HINTS,TRICKS,SET-UPS,ETC.I'VE ONLY HAD A CHANCE TO GET THE BOAT OUT 1 TIME SO FAR,THE RAIN HAS SET IN THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKENDS,SO I HAVEN'T GOTTEN A CHANCE TO REALLY TRY WITH THE SETUP ON IT YET.BUT THERE ARE 8-9 MONTHS OF SOLID BOATING WEATHER I CAN MESS WITH IT.IS IT APRIL YET? :P OR MARCH OR ANY DAY OVER 50 DEGREES F? :lol:

When Wally owned the boat, he gave me a ride in it. Very sweet, smooth rider even in rough weather at 90+. How many boats can you say that about? My grandpa made a custom cover for it (it's gray do you still have it?). It's definitly one of the sweetest boats I've ever been priviledged enough to take a ride in.

YEAH I DO HAVE THE COVER. I LIKE THE WAY HE IMPLIMENTED THE MOTOR COVER INTO THE 1 PIECE COVER. MY BUDDY, WHO I BOUGHT THE BOAT FROM, KEPT THE BOAT INSIDE ALL THE TIME, DIDN'T NEED THE COVER, SO HE PUT IT IN THE BARN FOR STORAGE . WELL, I PUT THE BOAT UP & WENT TO PUT THE COVER ON, AND A MOUSE HAD CHEWED ABOUT 4 SEPARATE HOLES IN IT, ALL IN THE REAR BENCH SEAT PART OF THE COVER. SO I HAVE TO GET THAT FIXED, BUT THE BOAT ISN'T GOING TO STAY OUTSIDE ANYWAYS,EXCEPT MAYBE THOSE LATE NIGHTS BACK FROM THE RIVER. BUT I REALLY LIKE THE COVER. YOU CAN TELL YOUR GRAND DAD THAT I THINK IT'S A REALLY NICE COVER, & I LIKE IT

Thank Jody!

I've only had it out about a half of a dozen times and need some seat time.Quite a difference from the eliminator.

I need to learn how to get over the hop when I have more than one person in the boat.

Maybe at the RR I can get some pointers.

Alex

I'm not sure if i know what you mean by large transom support plate.The previous owner was in Missouri.It has a black dash with black merc gauges,a cmc power lift jackplate, red seats with red covers and with some black inserts.Is there a picture of your old euro in the reader rides post?

Stoney

post-962-1170617126.jpg

For the previous about the cover, I can get a number, yes he does make euro and river rocket covers (that's where he started with stv) we used to have a euro and he made an amazing dark navy blue and royal blue (two tone) cover for it. I'll talk to him tonight and see if he'd be interested and if he has the time to make it. Right now they are in Mississippi (he lives in Indy so he can't do it now). If you'll e-mail me at pccracing@yahoo.com I'll be glad to try and help you.

As for the other guy, thanks very much for the kind words. The mouse holes are easily fixed. With his covers, to keep them clean, wash them with bleach water (1cup to 1 gallon of water) once a month in the boating season.

heres my STV sprint.. I have only owned it for a few weeks, but I love it!! its really fun

Im refinishing the engine cover, and have some nice new mercury racing decals to put on it

Joe

post-3794-1186535297.jpg

Nice adds Joe...Thanks and Enjoy your new ride :)

and here is my uncles STV

he races it "skywalker" David Carver

Joe, anybody who knows anything knows about your uncles boat. Do you know if he has any plans of racing that boat again at Jasper this year.

and here is my uncles STV

he races it "skywalker" David Carver

Joe, anybody who knows anything knows about your uncles boat. Do you know if he has any plans of racing that boat again at Jasper this year.

not that I know of, but I cant really say for sure... I dont think he has a full blown racing engine ready right now, and if he cant win he dosent want to race it

here is a vid from last weekend, where he was making some passes

:rolleyes: inline 2 seater i had a few years back bottom pic and top pic current 1989 1+2 procomp ski w/15" transom.

post-979-1187893574.jpg

post-979-1187893614.jpg