AnthonySS

READER RIDES

Looking good Bernard :)

Whos Bernard???

Referencing post # 800....your rig looks great too...ENJOY

Just bought a 1985 STV Mod-V with a 1978 Merc 150. I picked it up last week and took it to the lake right away to try it out. Super happy with it, hit 75 on the dial, not sure, but it felt fast. Looking forward to next summer, and getting more seat time. Any tips on set-up, performance upgrades for the engine, comments in general are welcome. Thankspost-5716-1194364358.jpg

I was just wondering where this boat ended up, are you still the owner? I thought the colors on this boat were some of Wally's best work. :rolleyes:

HEY GUYS, I'VE KINDA LOOKED AROUND THE SITE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS.I'M LOGAN.THIS POST IS KINDA STARTING OFF LIKE AN AA MEETING. :P I DON'T HAVE A STV BUT IT'S STILL A TRIAD.I JUST BOUGHT IT FROM A BUDDY OF MINE ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO.THIS WAS WALLY'S BOAT HE PUT UP FOR SALE ABOUT 2 YRS AGO.I LIVE ABOUT 30 MILES WEST OF NASHVILLE & HIT THE TENNESSEE RIVER EVERY CHANCE I GET,ATLEAST 1 TIME PER WEEK.THESE ARE THE ONLY PHOTOS I HAVE OF THE BOAT AT THIS TIME.THESE WERE WALLY'S PHOTOS WHEN HE SOLD THE BOAT IN '05

[attachmentid=2343]

[attachmentid=2344]

[attachmentid=2345]

Thanks! Found out recently a little more about the layup by talking to a guy on S&F that has this boats twin. David Carter mentioned the bottom is a kevlar layup and total hull weight + steering is 605lbs. Not sure how that lines up with the lightest out there but seems light too me. Guessing total weight fully rigged with me in it would probably be in the 1150-1250 lbs range but never have had it weighed for an official check.

Thanks! Found out recently a little more about the layup by talking to a guy on S&F that has this boats twin. David Carter mentioned the bottom is a kevlar layup and total hull weight + steering is 605lbs. Not sure how that lines up with the lightest out there but seems light too me. Guessing total weight fully rigged with me in it would probably be in the 1150-1250 lbs range but never have had it weighed for an official check.

I weighed my 93 river racer at 1180 ready to run with 6 gallons of fuel.

Greg C

Hey Guy's new to the board, but if you have a STV you probably need to be on this board.

I will try to post a picture later. The boat is a 1996 STV Mod VP. It's carbon fiber, and sub 500#. I have a Diamond Marine modified Drag motor on it. I ran it in two DSRA races this year. I got a third place in outlaw at Lake Buhlow. Then I put a trim timer in it and ran it at Mt. pleasent with no testing. Two and out. When you are running against Matthew Caldwell, you have to have your ducks in a row. Oh well it is lots of fun.

Randy..............

Hey Guy's new to the board, but if you have a STV you probably need to be on this board.

I will try to post a picture later. The boat is a 1996 STV Mod VP. It's carbon fiber, and sub 500#. I have a Diamond Marine modified Drag motor on it. I ran it in two DSRA races this year. I got a third place in outlaw at Lake Buhlow. Then I put a trim timer in it and ran it at Mt. pleasent with no testing. Two and out. When you are running against Matthew Caldwell, you have to have your ducks in a row. Oh well it is lots of fun.

Randy..............

Randy..............

Sounds good Randy...looking forward to the pix

Last one.  The Euro in the picture is a 2001 Triad with a 99 ProMax 225.  This is the one that is advertised in the for sale section.  If interested, phone calls only.

IS this the one he is asking 13,500 for?