AnthonySS

READER RIDES

50 ORIGINAL HRS. ON THAT BP??  I WOULD QUESTION THAT SERIOUSLY-I WOULD THINK SINCE THE LAST REBUILD WOULD BE MORE ACCURATE. LOOKS LIKE A NICE RIDE THOUGH- ENJOY

PAUL :)

Anthony I don't believe it's been painted. What's your opinion on price?

Paul...I know that's was my feeling too. BUT as I said I've been digging and from what I hear it sat in a garage for a long time. The service guy's words were" I can guarantee you it has 50 HRs Max. on it.....complete rig". As they say "Buyer beware"......mechanic coming with me next week to look it over. If he says its junk....I look for another one.

Oh yeah.....original owner told me he topped it out at 109...realistic?

TY,

Dreamer

50 HOURS IS NOT BELIEVABLE IN MY OPINION-FOR THE MOST PART THAT DOES NOT MEAN SH$#!@T ANYWAY-IT IS A USED PACKAGE AND YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE THE ENGINE IS COMPLETE WITH ORIGINAL PARTS AND LEAKDOWN SHOULD BE LESS THAT 8% ACROSS ALL SIX HOLES- NEXT STEP WILL BE TO TAKE THE HEADS OFF AND VIEW THE BORES TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL NIC- AS FOR THE BOAT-IT SHOULD BE ALL ORIGINAL GEL- INVERTED V BOTTOM-NOT THE SPRINT IF YOU WANT TO EQUAL 109- NEXT GENERAL CONDITION SCUFFS AND SCATCHES SHOULD BE MINIMAL TO NONE-DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE GAUGES AND ACCESSORIES AS YOU ARE SPENDING THOUSANDS ON THE MOTOR AND HULL- FOR THE MOST PART I GET A BIG BOX WHEN I BUY A BOAT AND FILL IT WITH THE OLD RIGGING. PAY A PREMIUM FOR A NICE PACKAGE THAT IS LOCAL BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU WILL PROBABLY WANT TO UPGRADE SOME THINGS SO MAKE YOUR OFFER WISELY-ITS DECEMBER IT IS  A GOOD TIME TO NEGOTIATE!!! GOOD LUCK STV'S ARE FUN TO OWN

PAUL :)

DREAMER,

I think that boat should be able to be had in the 13-14K price range.

It looks overall good...but getting that bottom repaired expertly...could cost upward of 1000 bucks.

I am not surprised tha that boat may have been in stoarge as I have never seen it around.

Where is it located and what is the current owners name??

Paulb

STV Dreamer posted some pics under Tech Talk of the hull of the boat he's thinking of buying..Don't know if you've seen these..if not take a look and then post your .02 re: buying this boat...Don't know the price but from your drift maybe the asking price is a bit steep...

JJ

STV RR

2.5 Mariner

Dreamer ..

to Screamer...not bad...if it runs like you think it will..I would take Paul's & Anthony's advice and proceed with caution..Good luck

Note to PC...It matters not to me which time zone...If 9 central is to late for you make it 8 central

JJ

STV RR

2.5 Mariner

Alert :0  :0  :0  I'm still alive and kickin'! Great pictures so keep posting them!

Wow thanks alot guys .....this is great advice. It's like a resource centre for the new STV buyer and I'm gonna say it a thousand times more I'm sure...TY.

My common cents! has told me to get educated and know as much as possible on this purchase. It's a real thrill to actually be IN the hunt, but I do work hard for my coin and don't want junk or a project. My gut tells me it's good if the power is good and the price is good. Do guys really let you pull the heads off their engines?

ANTHONY he countered to $15k form $17k and the trailer is alum. 1yr old. He is willing to meet me in Port Perry this Sat. or next to go over again. If you have the time... your valued opinion is MUCH appreciated. I could repay you in rides over the 03 season. :D Will email or call you if O.K.

P.S he paid 15k for ride without trailer 6-7 months ago. I just wanna be fair on price but again know so little.

If anyone else knows of a complete rig or just hull w/trailer for sale or coming up in CANADA ONLY pls leave me a post.

1990 to ? have $ 20k to put a nice package together.

Dreamer

DREAMER...sure Lets hook up!!!

I should have some time on Saturday afternoon too hook up and I would love to have a look at it with you...don't worry I won't embarass anyone... :D

Shoot me an email or call me today at work:

416-285-3210

or tonight at

905-426-7726

regarding pulling the heads off- once you have decided on  a price that is agreed on, I always seal the deal with a good faith move by saying the last thing is to take the heads off- it has always worked for me and shows that there is nothing to hide-once the heads come off it just adds assurrance to where your money is going- besides a set of head gaskests are $50 and the seller will not be covering the cost- It just makes sense to me- good luck this weekend-

paul :)

A few items that up the Anti on Older STV'S

Tandem Trailer

# of Rear Cowls

Double Kevlar Layup

Covers

More then 2 Colours

Flotation

Other Factory options like shifter, lights, opposed steering, etc.

Motors

S/M Gearcase

NO PROBLEM...DANA,

Glad you are still alive!!!

Hey guys......I bought this one today and I'm VERY excited and super happy. Everything went great with all inspection and the compression test was perfect and the run down test? was less than 5% on all 6 clyinders. Motor is all original and stock as I was told....never has been opened. This just confirms the history of this boat which is less than 50 HRS total use....it's sat for a long time. Original owner is now in his late 60's and the guy I bought it from ran 5 tanks thru it in last 6 months.  I know it might sound a bit too far stretched or hard to believe the HRS, but I have researched it well. Actually Anthony was curious as to why he had never seen this boat before,but recalls hearing of an older guy having one and babying it. Geeeeez look at me I'm gushing like a proud new papa.LOL

Dreamer?

attached image

Congrats on the boat!  Glad it all worked out.  Going to be a long winter for you.  Sure looks like it is in nice shape.  

Try the chat room around 10:00 et.

ProComp

Yeah it will be a long winter! sold my sled too.

I forgot about the chat tonite....i'm going out to play as I've had the flu all week and got cabin fever. Gonna post a few of the other pics on Sunday. Hmmmmmm I wonder where the closest body of fresh water is to me in Ontario!

Dreamer

Good show Dreamer..or is it Screamer...Guess we'll know come the spring thaw...Took my boat to the river today and one of the better drivers went to 95 plus on the gps..Still having torque problems so guess the sea star pro system is in the cards...You've got a while to wait up there in the cold country so I'll post some pics of this afternoon...

post-3-1039309813.jpg

JJ...cool pics....thanks for letting us in on the fun times this past weekend...

DREAMER... if that boat was owned by the old guy in Muskoka...I remember his name...

Angus Carmichael...

Does that ring a bell???

CONGRATS...I am real happy for you!!!

That's a good looking boat but I don't care much for what's on the ground around it...Maybe with a set of skis.....oh well..there's always next season

Yeah the snow bites JJ. Soon enough and we'll have some awesome weather.

Anthony I will find out this week if that's him. Maybe we could hook up if you want to see it one day.....just got good heated and secured storage today. Thought I was gonna have to settle for outdoor and shrinkwrap as its late in season and everything is taken, but this mechanic guy likes my boat so much he's actually moving stuff now to fit me indoors.

INSURANCE I need it....doesn't PBCC have a guy? would you pass on a name pls.

TY,

Dreamer

DREAMER...

Sure call Austin Gilbert for insurance at 905-845-4912...tell him I refeered you. He does a lot of insurance for PBCC members and specializes in Perf Boats.

YEAH let me know when your settled into storage. I would like to come see it!!

Maybe over the Christmas break cause I will have some time off!!!