Sign in to follow this  
STV dreamer

Please look at these bottom chips!

I need some advice on these pics please. I never would have crawled under this rig but I'm glad I did....this is what I saw.

Is it ok...ugly or real bad? biggest one is 2 inches and doesn't appear too deep.

The rest of the boat deck and all appears to be in flawless condition and I think I've been bitten by this one....got a warm fuzzy feeling. Really want it but not certain the extent of repair required or difficulty. Actually think some of these may be due to his new trailer or even the boat craddle. Anyone shed some light?

First pic is Starbord , second is Port side. Both in same area about 3 feet in from tips of sponsons.

Looks like it was dragged over something. The back of the trailer or shallow water.

As long as the fiberglass isn't damaged you can fix it with gel coat. If the damage goes into the glass you have to grind out the crack-damage and rebuild then gel it.  Not hard but upside down makes it several times harder than if flipped.

Also look real close for cracks in the gel this could be a future one.

The good thing is if it doesn't color match it won't matter much since this part is hardly ever seen.

Any kind of sander except a disc sander could be used to sand it close then block it. The random orbit or square orbitals would bridge the area and keep it fairly flat. They won't dig in making more problems to patch.

Thanks Techno. So it's not too bad but will lead to further probs. if not taken care of ASAP. Any idea of how much it would cost for this....this way I can deduct from asking price. :D

D

YEAH...Dreamer looks like it has been dragged over something or banged up on the rocks!!

Like Tech says hopefully moisture ahs not got into the cloth!!

Show more pics of the rest of the boat!!