• less than 25
    • 25-30
    • 30-35
    • 35-40
    • 40-45
    • 45-50
    • 50 +

NICE SHOTS Helm...your passenger looks a little freaked :(

Something to consider is these boats and nothing like them existed a "short" time ago (not to mention the engines). It's not like someone who is in thier 50s now could have bought a pickle fork when they were in thier teens. Also the economy probably prevented it- '60s how many could have afforded it.

For anyone in say their under 30s. It' now 2023 and this same question comes up. Why didn't you own this item before it existed? Like when you were in your under 30s

The Internet is a great way to find out things. Before it, how was I supposed to discover these boats? Boat shows have the same generic crap.

I just noticed that this poll is messed up.

If your 30 which do you vote in? the same for the other overlaps.

I suppose anyone who happens to be that age voted in the younger range rather than the next higher.

Hey Techno, is that the polite way of calling me a retard?  LOL

I messed up when I did the post and it wouldn't let me change it.  I guess I should of just deleted it and started over.

Anyway, if ya feel young put it in the younger one, if ya feel old, put it in the older one.  Ya get the general idea of where everyone's at anyway.

Time for a new poll.  Any ideas?

ProComp

I wonder if anyone noticed it. I didn't untill just back then.

I've been almost 40 for a few years now. People forget almost can be either way.

OK. Guess one of the 50 + plus owners (52 until 5/24) should post a picture of his STV. Of course, I'm too old to really drive it hard, I just kind of sit in it and drink diet coke.

post-1-1052106958.jpg

Nick, were you runnin over some rough water or just had a lot of AIR packed under the hull? :D

A lot of trim? Very observant! But sure does make for a kewl picture huh?

I might of grabbed my 22 year old son's capt & coke, then been a tad slow on releasing the trim up button. Hate that foot mounted trim button arrangement that came with boat.

What you don't see is the rig behind me I was dusting at Nickfest 2002. Considering the picture is at around 1000' with a 22 yami at 9300 RPM recall, I'd say a Euro is a very stable hull, even if the driver wasn't perfect at the time. This trim deal happened even worse when I first got the boat.

I took my Giant Schnauzer Bruno with me for a ride as no one else trusted me. Bruno loves riding in the Ally. Well he sure didn't like the wind howling and the screaming 2.5, so at 105 he headed for the foward area under the deck. I didn't think too much about it as I was new to the boat and was concentrating on driving at speed and where I was heading. All of a sudden the rear end feels real loose and I turn my head to see the motor rising clear OUT OF THE WATER, I look back and down, and here is Bruno, all 90 lbs, laying on the foot trim buttons. All I could do was kill the motor and then pull chicken little up out of there. He'll still ride on the fishing deck of the XB2003, nose in the air, baaark to go on oard the Ally>>>> but you can't pull him into the Euro!

Nick :0

Well Nick...

I think Bruno knows something you don't...You know what they say...Animals have a 6th sense...when in doubt..trim it out