Administrator

111 MPH Euroski

is that the cleaver that Blake still has? If it is he said I could try it. I am suprised my euro has done what it has, but I would love to try that prop by myself and try to get 115.

WOW! I need help or lessons cuz my Procomp 280 with SVS and upgraded digital box w/chip to rev upto 9250 nets me 104 GPS at appx. 8000 RPM (30 ET Tillman)and 107 GPS @ appx 8200-8400 RPM (15x32 Lab cleaver). ET gets up there faster than 32, which was still pulling like a freight train till I let out of it. I sent out my 14.5x30 Cleaver to Merc for lab finishing as I was told this is THE prop for highend speeds.....it just came back yesterday and I haven't run it yet. TRUE/FALSE?

Am I missing something or doing something wrong because I spent some coin and was told this setup will run 120. Any suggestions.

Also my 260 block has a seized piston #6 and there is a hole the size of quarter somewhere in it.....is it repairable cuz I'd like to build another.

Thanks. Been away awhile from this site.....forgot password. Glad to be back.

Dreamer, I am new to this and I am sure guys like Firewalker can help you out more but here is what I think. You need some setback, I would say if you are over 180 pounds then 5"-6" and if you are under say 160 pounds then only around 4". Check your engine height and play with it, just keep an eye on water psi. My euro is turning 8400-8600 RPM and is about 1.25"-1.5" above the pad and you have to hold it on the floor and play with the trim for at least 2-3 minutes with a gps on board to see what it will top out at.

120 is a big number, I would not sell your boat if you do not get there this summer.

Dreamer, I just read your post again and thought of something else. My 280 all summer would only turn to 8000 and then in august it started droping down to about 7500, I thought something was wrong so I took it to Ted at Seedmasters and the results of what he did were amazing. He said the motor is starving for fuel at 8000. So he took the filter screens out of my injectors and put new larger fuel line in and a aeromotive style fuel filter instead of the factory filter. First night out after I put the new fuel system in got my RPM up to 8500 and that was when the higher numbers started to happen.

RPM, no it was one of my cleavers. Blake has 2 or 3 of his own. Try them. His best one broke last year.

Your ignition is probably starting to break down at those RPM's. Try a 32 cleaver.

STV Dreamer, who is doing your setup work? ( SVS will not make you faster on top, just quicker )

RT

Bingo RPM.......... they LOVE fuel, and it has to be atomized correctly!.... CLEAN INJECTORS. I clean them all the time, even after a few weeks crap starts to build in them. Replace the filter in the aeromotive filter frequently... make sure you get the 10 micron unit. BIG fuel pumps, big fuel lines, and make sure ( this is for you dreamer ) that you DON'T have a 2.4 fuel rail!.

RT

GEE RICH something sounds awful wrong with those numbers of yours???

You got RPM and pitch but Speed is way off. Are you coming out on OCT2....we should spend sometime together and review, and more setback is really not the answer here. Remember the STV does not have to carry the bow at speed.

Setback might be OK for cruising and getting up on plane with a full boat...but it should really have no bonuses at or for adding speed

Thanks for the replies guys.

Speedmaster is doing all setup work as I bought 280 from him 2 months ago.....RT he assures me its not a 2.4 rail. Truly, since he has been setup guy for me this thing "FEELS" tighter alround....I trust him immensly.

Ordered the Brucato PCU and should be in early next week I'm hoping...Ted will be installing and will pick up my 30 lab cleaver then. I'll have him clean injectors and stuff then. ALSO, he feels there is some more room to bring engine height up 1 more hole......I'm just freaked about water pressure.

Can I order/buy a shop manual for the 2.5 Merc stuff so I can learn where things are and service more consistantly?

Anthony, I'm gonna be there for sure.

X-cellent RICH...see you then and we will do some review that day

Dreamer, if you are in the middle bolt hole with 2" setback spacers and a sportmaster you are LOW. Go up the one inch!.

Ted knows what he is doing. Is your motor a 280 longblock, with 260 electronics?

RT

Hey ROB,

Much worse then doing anything to the motor....look at Dreamer's numbers

8200RPM with a 30" and only 107mph

That's 17% slip....

Now that's either a very SHORT run or there is something really wrong...casue we know the slip can come up to say 6% on a decent long run with NO RPM increase and put the speed where it should be...over 120 at those RPM's and pitch.

comments?

I bought the 280 from Ted...not sure if it was long block or ? and he loaned me a digital ECU and put in the higher reving chip.....so I have no idea if its 260 electronics! Is there a difference in performance? Besides when the PCU replaces the ECU is that not all new electronics?

Thanks for the help....I figured it had to have more.

stv dreamer you must have 260 elec. tony's equipment only works with 260 stuff. there are no ecu alternatives at this time for 280 elec.