Sign in to follow this  
4Speed

1997 STV's

JEFF YAMMER HAS A 1997 MODVP THAT IS PERFECT FROM WHAT I HERE- I HAVE NOT HEARD ANY BAD NEWS ABOUT THE MISSISSIPPI BOATS-I BELEIVE THEY WERE LAYED UP BY THE SAME GUYS THAT WORKED FOR ROARK. I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO BUY ONE.

PAUL

Well like Paul said "The same guy laid mine up that did for Roarke"

Mine is as good as any I've seen. Real good quality. My boat was at Triad waiting to be picked up by the previous owner and even he was amaized at the quality of such a light boat.

Jeff

Several STVowners own Carpenter Brother STV's (mid'96-99(?)). Let them speak for themselves...but from waht they have said before, they are very happy with thier rides!!

I purchased my 98 Euroski in Aug 98 when it was 7 months old and had no problems with cracks. I did have a small water leak which needed repairing. Mine was leaking near the front nose at the rubrail. Easily fixed by removing the rail and injecting 3M-5200 sealant into the joint. No problems since. Also was told that *all* Mississippi STV's were double Kevlar and used the AME-4000 resin!

There was a 98 River Rocket in Boat Trader last October which was super clean and the price was 9500 (without motor)...10000 (without motor)seems a little high but I guess it depends on the rig...I paid not much more than that for my 96 rocket and it came with a 2.5 97 model motor ..It seems that the price of these (used) boats is going up..Due to the price new no doubt

The price jump is from demand, probably sites like this one that make the info known.

Just after I bought mine the price jumped up across the board about 6 months later. Boats that hadn't sold were higher in price. Ones that came on the market later were in this new price zone, none were as low as before.

Something like Vettes. They cost so much because people are willing to pay that much.

I agree, as I think I could sell mine now for almost what I put the package altogether for in 99.