Sign in to follow this  
Techno

Set back or none?

Set back or none?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm guessing that the set back may be for load carrying.

Maybe mentioning the amount you have and if you generally carry passengers or not might be helpfull

Same if you don't use any setback.

I tried keeping the poll simple by lumping all the others into non euro.

If I can rig mine without setback thats what I'm going to run.

Hardly ever likely to carry passengers and top speed is more of the goal anyway.

I'm running 2.5" of setback on my Euro. I wanted to run without any setback but it was not possible on my boat. It has a 15" transom and a 20" mid.

Since the boat is new to me, I can't really say how it is working other than I'm having a blast with it. I'm still breaking the motor in also. I'll try to come back soon and give the low down on how it runs with this set back.

I ran Setback for several Reasons on my ProCompSki in the order listed

1. I wanted the extra clearance to tilting the motor so it would not hit the race cowl. My dock area is very shallow

2. Dial in the Engine height incrementally

3. compensate for lack of HP when load carrying....NOT sure how important that actually was.

When I pull the motor this time, I'm pulling that jack plate off my Pro Comp Ski just to see how the new 2.5 runs on the transom.

Let us know how it works. I'm in the same situation with a Land and Sea, so I'll learn my lesson from you.