Sign in to follow this  
luvfastboats

what should my next prop be?

Good comments LARRY...

YES I forgot about the issue that arose when we tried to post the JT article and like LARRY I think that article also has some peculiarities

Copywrited?  Give me a break. Were not selling it.  What a crock!

I think Larry might have been the one who sent it to me.  Thanks Larry.  The article is a good read regardless.

Is it legal to re-type it and post the info, changing a couple words?  Worked in school!!  LOL  

ProEuro

I did the math on that whole test.

At least 1 prop was mislabeled since the figures were so far off.

The boats couldn't use the amount of pitch that was tested for the most part. The slip % was sky high on most.

The numbers come out totaly useless. Nothing can be gained by this test.  I think the error is testing As 28" prop against Bs 29" prop kind of thing. The testing wasn't a close enough thing.

I think also that it was a time thing testing so many props I don't think they really got any of them running just so.

Top speeds VS slip figures compared to pitchs just didn't make any sense.

I have a 30" MERC cleaver and I was wondering how you guys have your boat set up to run it. Engine is even whith the pad. I run a 26" SRX at 99 to 100 on the limmiter. When I made a couple passes whith the cleaver I was in the low 90's.

Boat is a 89 procomp/93 and a 1/2 2.5 MERC EFI (stock)

Thanks.

Holeshot that Cleaver needs to be at least 14.5" in Diameter to work well....if so then jack 'r up...start at about 3/4" up then keep going till the back end starts to swing around on ya at WOT...when you get to that point, bring it down 1/8" at a time till it stops swinging around on you.... and feels sweet and fast...Play safe and wear your safety equipment!!

On my past set-up I settled at 1 3/8" from the bottom with a Cleaver and 5.5" of Setback

Holeshot, my motor was up there too.  Minimum an 1" above the pad.   Nice numbers with the 26. I have a 26 Mazco to try this weekend.

EuroComp

Holeshot, did you raise your motor up and try the cleaver?  How did it work?  What prop did you run for drag racing?

Larry, when you run your 30 Cleaver on your Euro, what engine height are you at?

Procomp,,  I haven't tried the cleaver yet. I ran my 26 SRX in the drags. It's the only other prop that I have right now besides a 26 chopper that I got whith the boat that I never use, and two "cracked" 24 yamaha drag props. I may need to get another 24 if I am going to run eny more drags. It would help my start alot.    

How is that "EURO" performing for ya???  How dose it compare with the procomp? I am still considering trading mine for one.    You make it down for "BALZ TO THE WALZ"??

I run both Merc Lab 30 & 32 cleavers 1.25 above the pad and the ET28 1 inch up. The 32 pulls 7500 and the 30 bangs the limiter really hard. Next week I'm getting one of Aquaholics just to have around with passengers and going to uncharted waters. It's a cut chopper II and the pitch is about a 24/25 which should do just fine when not seeking the big numbers. Once I get it back together I will post the results!