Sign in to follow this  
RUNWME

I want to put a 15 in midsection on STV River Rock

What do I need to do to put a 15 midsection on a 1989 River Rocket that is currently set up for 20 in mid? Special jack plate?

I was told Dewitt may have something that would work

Looking at buying a 300 drag for my boat this weekend if I can get it mounted without redoing the transom.

Thank you

David

Chuck goodman at Hydro Dynamics makes one- in fact Wally at Triad uses them. I beleive it is 7 1/2 inch assuming you are running dual teleflex steering- with race cable steering you can use 5 1/2 inches- with hydraulic steering you will need more than the 7 1/2 inch plate- my buddy jamieb from the board just put one in-really nice piece-the only thing is you will have to bend the trim lines to come in from the sides rather than from the front-

paul

That far back? I just took a 9 in plate off because when I would come off plane, sometimes water would run into the back of my boat where the race cowling is behind the seat.

I put a 3 in plate on it and have been very happy with it! I hate to switch back to the 7.5 inches because I Do have hydraulic steering.  Thanks for the responce!

David

RUNWME,

The plate is actually 7" but you will probably need the 9" with the hydraulic steerting.  My runs a little high in the mid but sucks right down over 90.