Sign in to follow this  
RUNWME

What kind of speed ? 89 River Rocket 362 hp Merc?

Richened the A63 box up to cool down my EGT. Got it to 1120 on top speed run last night. I lost 6 mph, and couple hundred RPM but it should last longer running cooler.

GPS wedged on my knee.. .............................. 130.00

gatoraid bottle bouncing around on the floor.........1.39

crappy digital camera in other hand......................49.95

Used Hydraulic steering....................................300.00

water like glass and driving one handed............Priceless

post-2-1060280670.jpg

Nice to see that a PCS is capable with the right power + setup to run those kind of wild speeds.

I also have the same Etrex GPS.....awesome lil unit. I wrap the long strap around and thru itself on the throttle cable then two sided velcro to dash so it won't whack my knee and it can be seen.

Good luck and yes... stay safe.

Runwme, I was waiting to see your speed #'s before posting, I have a 94 Pro-Comp with a 260 no porting to the block except my own exhaust cavity hogging I did after seeing one done by Diamond Marine, it has 150lb's comp. Merc. spacer, and run's best on 93 octane. My best top speed ever was 126 w/14.5x32 lab cleaver on a 70 deg. December day. I think with the motor you got 126mph is only the begining of some BIGGER #'s, probably some 130's for sure, don't let anyone tell you your PCS 4 seater can't run in the 30's just put a 32 lab on it and let it rip.  :D  Good luck.

At the Rumble on the River, Boston ran a smoking 128mph in his beautiful river rocket, for the fastest boat at the Rumble, Jeff Clinmark ran 125 in his XR2001 Drag allison, and Blake Sewell ran 122 in his 4 seat, pump gas river rocket.

RT