Sign in to follow this  
O/B Dude

225 PM on a Euro...how fast?

Back in the mid 90's Leo Primeau at Ice an Water Sports ran a Euro at 100 mph with a 225 PM spinning a 32 Merc Cleaver right at 6750 Rev Limit

BTW...I forgot to mention that LEO said it needed a LONG lake to do it too.

There was a local boat set up like that hear running a 29 Mazco.  Low 90's with 2 people and upper 90's with one.

Its a great all around set up.  Oil injected, fairly quiet and still quite fast.  This was all stock.  I am sure you could hit 100 playing with the set up.

ProComp

post-2-1066666560.jpg

If you can get 90+ out of a stock 200 merc I'm sure that the 225 ProMax would get you close to 100 if not over. I know with my 200 with heads cut and reeds it can push it to 93 with a 30 Masco at 6800 rpm's.

Interesting.  I just found out my 260 that someone put carbs on is actually a 225 PM with carbs.  I got a best of 102 on GPS at 492' elevation with a Ron Hill 30 cleaver at 8000 rpm.  This motor had some seriously tired rings in it too.  The rest of the motor was in A-1 shape and shows no wear at all.  I have spun it to 8250 with a 24 yamaha drag copy.  Its at Jim Rucks place being ported to better than 260 spec's, and I'm changing the internals to 300 drag parts.  I wanted to have the porting and chest done like an S-3000 but Jim and a few others talked me into going with something between a 260 and an S-3000.  I am surprized it has gotten the numbers is has.  I got 100 regularly on gps with a 26 RE4 ski prop.  It accelerated well too.  Would run right with similar boats with 2.5 Hi Perf motors or worked OMC's.  And this is with full interior, tool kit, 2 extra props, full gear, full cooler, 2 anchors, 15 gallons of fuel, and a beach umbrella!   The motor must be a 96 because it has a 14 petal front half.  

Anyway, thanks for the replies.  

O/B Dude