ProComp

Installing a bilage pump

Anyone put one in?  Been looking at mine and am not sure how to get the hose up and out and the fuel tank goes over the top of the hole in the floor.

Anyone been there, done that?

First year with a heated garage!  :)

ProComp

post-1-1068412505.jpg

PC, I installed one in mine. Both the square hole and the small hose hole were already there so I didn't have to do any cutting. The Attwood V625 fits snuggly between the floor and hull but still uses a 3/4" hose so I could keep the same thru hull outlet. I made a "S" shaped bracket to hold the pump. I'm not sure how its holding up. Its hard to see down there when the tank is in. I've actually never used the pump. There is never any water in the boat to pump out. Its nice to know its there just in case though.

post-1-1068436227.jpg

At least 1 Bilge Pump is a great asset for any STV lake Boater. Nice setup adam...nothing worse then STV'ing in the rain and feeling that water sloshing around under you :(

Nice shot!  Thanks.  Your tank must fit tight against that hose.  I'll try and get a pic of mine tonight.  To add to the confusion, I need to put my ski pole mount back there too.

Whats the little black thing?

ProComp

Thanks guys. I beleive that the back of the tank is pretty close to the hose where it comes through the floor but they don't interfere with each other. The black/dark blue thing is a bilge pump float switch. I can't see ever having that much water in the boat but you never know. Mine is always kept on a lift but what if something happened and I had to leave it somewhere else and it rained and.....

Oh yeah... PC, I like the garage. I really wish that I had mine in a nice heated garage so I could finish a bunch of projects on it.

Also, I'd love to see pictures of the ski pole set-up after its done. Thanks!

Thanks and no problem.  I'll post pics of the pole.  Have to buy one first.  I was looking back there again tonight and I can't figure out how water could get in there aside from rain.

Maybe the brass inserts where the drain plug goes leak or something because I do get water on occasion.  It doesn't appear the rub rail can leak as it has a layer of fiberglass along the joint on the inside all the way around the back.  

Thinking maybe I shouldn't need a pump.

ProComp

post-1-1068534035.jpg

Driving in the rain is sometimes NOT an option when doing Poker Runs. Therefore I opted to do the deed in the RR. It was easier then expected and thanks to you all for your tips and pics, it gave me an idea of what to expect....very helpful

Pic one shows what I found when the tank was removed...broken rear tank clamp bracket...also I drilled the 1" hose access hole.

I opted to glue (silicone) mine in place and used an Attwood V500, only 1.5 amp draw, and it fit perfect between the floor and bottom,

All hoses and wiring was drawn up to access holes at the top of the knee braces. When the tank is back in place you can see everything was just right.

currently the outlet hose is sittin in the boat and can be just thrown out of the boat when required. I do want to do a permannet outlet. Also I mounted the switch in the sponson near battery (did not clutter on the dash)

Hmmm...having trouble loading pics???

Driving in the rain is sometimes NOT an option when doing Poker Runs. Therefore I opted to do the deed in the RR. It was easier then expected and thanks to you all for your tips and pics, it gave me an idea of what to expect....very helpful

Pic one shows what I found when the tank was removed...broken rear tank clamp bracket...also I drilled the 1" hose access hole.

I opted to glue (silicone) mine in place and used an Attwood V500, only 1.5 amp draw, and it fit perfect between the floor and bottom,

All hoses and wiring was drawn up to access holes at the top of the knee braces. When the tank is back in place you can see everything was just right.

currently the outlet hose is sittin in the boat and can be just thrown out of the boat when required. I do want to do a permannet outlet. Also I mounted the switch in the sponson near battery (did not clutter on the dash)

Hmmm...having trouble loading pics???

my new to me liberator has a positive displacement pump. it can pull rather than push. the previous owner installed about a five foot hose on it so it can

reach either side and the middle. one pump does all three sponsons. kinda nice.

MATT...I was thinking on one of those pumps too...can you show us some pics or more info on those pumps. THX