Sign in to follow this  
ProComp

Another STV coming to MB

yes the mid section was sent out for chroming.The pictures are a little dark but the lines have chrome wrapping and the hose clamps,bolts and some brakets have gold plating.the rest is chromed along with wiring and lines being detailed.Im changing the top and bottom cowl to the new style mod vp cowl should look sweeeeeeeeeeet.Hope to have more pictures of boat and motor soon.

Congratulations on the euro purchase....bet your excited.

I bought my STV last December and had a chubby all season waiting to go for a rip. Your gonna love it! lotsa guys here know a ton so just ask 'em.

Later

Here is some of the changes I have done with the euro.I built this aluminum brace with 6061 aircraft grade plate and used 1/8 stainless for square washers on the bolts when I pulled everything together .I used 1/2 stainless bolts on the knee backing plates and sealed everything with marine sealent.The outside backing plate was sprayed with red paint around the edges to match the color on the boat.Plus I used cables attatched to the top bolts on the transom bracket down to the where the floor and the knees are laminated.There is another aluminum bracket in this area and is bolted in front of the fuel tank.The cables are adjustable for tension so I preloaded the transom before the transom bracket was bolted with backing plates to the knees.I also did not use the cmc manual jackplate instead I bought a new hydraulic detwiler with 6" setback with adjustable dial instead of the gauage and toggle switch.I was told that detwiler is the supplier for Mercury Performance outboard jackplates.I also removed the original tach and speedo and put in black faced gaffrigs they look great.I have a mazco re3 28 with a stv cut on it so im hoping it will run in the high 90s or setup properly hit a 100.I hope the pictures post.

post-1-1075527185.jpg

Heres a pic of my tow vehicle for this summer.Its my 38 chev coupe that I built in my shop, my boat color matches my coupe dead on the money.I think this set up will be a one of a kind in canada if not the USA.Summer is coming hopefully cant wait to try out the euro.

post-1-1075528440.jpg

One of the motor its a 406 chevy small block with AFR aluminum heads,compcam roller valvetrain,AFR rev kit,demon 750 racecarb,edelbrock victor jr aluminum water pump,aluminum performer rpm intake.The motor was sent out to Ken Murray Custom Machine in wpg MB for machine work and balancing.This baby has wipped a few bigblocks but is still streetable.Our car club has asked me to bring the car and boat to this summers car and bike show should be lots of fun.

post-1-1075528983.jpg

Nice pics buddy.  When ya get a chance, post or send me a pic with the transom plate and jackplate mounted.  I guess you added a couple more holes in the transom to install that plate.  I was thinking of doing the same thing but hate to add holes.  Looks great.  Hope you planning on towing down to Winnipeg this summer.

ProComp

Jody, check out my new Hot Rod!  Can you say, "fixer upper"

Looks like something out of the Road Warrior with no plastic on it!

ProComp

post-1-1075534012.jpg

Hey Brad the quad racer looks good just a little work and the 2 wheeler will be high flying this summer.Maybe you will be doin the superman over the bars eh. I will post more pics with the detwiler and motor attatched.I think adding 2 more holes for the transom plate is ok as long as the holes and wood laminate in the transom are prepped before closing it all in.After I drilled the holes in the transom the wood was dry and had no rot.Then I painted green wood preservative in the holes to the wood the stuff that is used in pressure treated lumber and plywood.Then marine sealant was put on the plates,bolts,and in the holes so its sealed for good.Here is a pic of the bridgeport cowling I will be putting on my motor istead of the original T3 lightweight cowling.

post-1-1075573107.jpg

So YOU'RE the guy...38, did you get that cowl from Kevin at R&R Prop Shop in Vegas?  Beat me to it by about a week.  :)  I got the same one now though.

Funny, our transom brackets look very similar as well.

The adjust adial has been upgraded from the original.The board is incased in compound so its not effected by moisture and has 3 led lights each one indicating on, up, and down.

post-1-1080176442.jpg