ProComp

TRIAD Euro Upgrades

Thought this might be of interest.  Here are some nice changes to enhance the Summerford design.

Larger transom re-enforcement

post-1-1075081753.jpg

Hey Adam, this was a special built bolt for drag racing.  The pins go through the rear seat so there is no chance of the seat flying up.  Never heard of one ever doing that but I guess ya never know.  I am thinking about trying to add those side plates for strength on mine.  Does your Mississipi boat have those in it?

Did the Mississippi boats have the consoles or was that a Triad addition as well?  Anyone know.

Saw you were out the other day.  I'm jeleous.  By the way, I picked up my new toy yesterday.  Suzuki 250R Quadracer.  Figure I'll get to play with that before the boat.

Talk to ya later.

ProComp

post-1-1075219629.jpg

Congratulations on the 250R! That will be lots of fun! You'll need something to keep your hands warm while riding in your weather.....

I think that the console was a Triad addition. I priced one a few months ago and I was amazed that they weren't super expensive. I think around $125 or $175? Something in that range. I will probably put one in sometime.

I do not have the side boards. They look nice. I do like to store my bumpers back in the rear of the sponson though. That way I don't have to raise the rear seat to get at them. I think that my boat was built light. Maybe thats why they aren't in there. Or maybe they just started adding that piece.

This picture was from the day that I bought it.

I wonder if anyone has ever added an electric hatch lift/actuator for the Euro rear seat?

post-1-1075328147.jpg

Hey, my 98 Euro transom is done like the triad in the top pic. it was done like that years ago. I also have the stereo console as well. some modification had to be done to make it fit. first thing you need to know is the sponson floor is on a different angle on the new triads. makes for a messy fit in an older euro. On the old euro's you have to knock out that box that your gas pedal is screwed to and the shifter board. a plate has to be glassed on the floor under the carpet to remount the gas pedal. also some wood needs to be glassed to the sponson floor to screw the radio console down. pain in the butt!

Its worth it though, right Helmut?  :)

I always have a pile of "stuff" on the floor and in the cup holders (keys, GPS, cell phone, etc).

Helmut, as far as the sponson floor angle, is the difference between the ski bottom and the mod-vp bottom or is it just a difference in the way Triad constructs the hull?

yeah its definetly worth it for the glove box alone. I dont think there's much diffence on the sponson floor between the ski and modvp bottoms . I know on wallys boats. the floor is flat in the sponson were ours are on a angle.

Is the throttle cable in its finished location? Seems a lousy sweep going near the shift and covering the switches.

A different pedal design would lower it out of the way if the cable can't be bound down.

Thanks for the pictures, very nice.

Wally, welcome to STVowners.com.  

That back seat and hatch change is growing on me.  Perhaps that will be next winters project.  

ProComp

A suggestion for your fuel fill. I haven't used them but others that have mentioned the horizontal run to be inconvenient. I suggest it be moved to the rear where it might not be so slooooow. Those that have them are better equiped for a suggestion though.

The factory fuel fill system sucks...Getting oil and gas in while on the trailer is a real pain..I can't imagine fueling while in the water..A lot of us put Jegs fuel cell fill caps in

post-1-1077403135.jpg

And another thing I have noticed about the factory fueling system...The vent hose is pretty near straight out..even appears to be attached to the fuel fill line..Unless there is some built in method to prevent water from getting in when it washes up over the transom then I see water getting into the fuel cell..I removed the vent hose and re-installed a new longer one and created a complete loop prior to attaching to the outside vent fitting...just my .02