ProComp

TRIAD Euro Upgrades

The factory fuel system SUCKS (as in difficult to fill) because these boats were originally built for 24 gallon fuel tanks. People bitched at Roark that the boat needed a bigger fuel tank ($2500 + in tooling) so he said fine. And he gave them a bigger fuel tank. Since the transom knee braces dictate the width of the tank, and the transom and rear seat dictate the length of the tank, -- guess which way  is left to increase fuel capacity??  -- straight up. His increase from 24 to 28 gallons caused the fuel inlet on the tank to be almost equal the elevation of the fuel filler on the deck. Thats why it is so difficult to put fuel in them. Fuel filler cannot be legally located on "top" of the deck.

The Jegs race fill is the best fix.

After seeing those pics, I'm gonna go buy one of those race fills now, just before I mount the tank in the boat.

Wally, that sponson mounted console is SWEET!  I wish you guys made one for a Pro Comp...I'd have it in a minute!

One thing though...my boat has an aluminum piece in the fuel fill line that has a branch off for the return from the EFI.  Where are you returning them?

It almost looks like the return goes in where my fuel sender is.

I have seen older Pro Comps that were rigged with a "branch off" return line. I wouldnt do it. When you put your Jegs Race Fill in, buy a TH(or TR) or anybodys fuel line bulkead fitting, and install it in the tank. Then you will have a dedicated return line from the engine regulator to the tank. You can do it with AN fitting from Jegs also, just make sure it is sized correctly (5/16" line on 2.5 EFI motors)

The STV fuel tanks we currently use all have a dedicated EFI return fitting.

You can cast your own return too. I don't have a vent in the center of the tank like youse guys do.

This gives me one with either 2 fuel returns or a return and oil injection,how my measured oil gets in.

P9131176.JPG Too ugly and rough. Has to be recast.

Nice pics Wally. :)

I have a '95 Euro, but from what Helmut says, thats a project. What's the console worth shipped ???

Pro-I agree on the seat thing, it's a little rough pickin' the whole thing up and not stressing them hinges :0

I was thinking bout bracing back on that end also...

:D

Cool having Wally on on the board. I have much respect for you guys building boats after spending four days in Glastron in Little Falls and seeing how boats are made I have to hand it to you that you put up with a messy job!!!!

Great pictures Mr Lamkin... makes me want to purchase a new Euro. First I must get past my daughter wedding this fall!

I have seen older Pro Comps that were rigged with a "branch off" return line. I wouldnt do it. When you put your Jegs Race Fill in, buy a TH(or TR) or anybodys fuel line bulkead fitting, and install it in the tank. Then you will have a dedicated return line from the engine regulator to the tank. You can do it with AN fitting from Jegs also, just make sure it is sized correctly (5/16" line on 2.5 EFI motors)

The STV fuel tanks we currently use all have a dedicated EFI return fitting.

Thanks for the info Wally.  I went ahead and got a bulkhead fitting with a 5/16" barb and put it right in the top of the tank.  Sealed it with black RTV and put a large washer on the backside.

Also put in the Jegs filler cap.  Came out pretty good.  :)

post-1-1078010504.jpg

Thanks for the idea on that JJones2.  I did switch out the stock zinc hardware for some allen head cap screws in stainless with fiberlocks though.  :D

Since you were talking about fuel upgrades, here is what I have done. excuse the wire mess, i am going from my omc to a merc drag. it should look good once i am finished.

post-1-1089346409.jpg

fuel cell pick up on the back of the tank. this is a pic from the inspection plate on the transom

post-1-1089346761.jpg

Very Nice MIKE...and good choice on motor too smile.gif

Does anyone know if you can get that sponson console from the stv factory.

Would like to retro fit it to my procomp, as you all know storage is at a premium.

thanks Scot smile.gif

Scott,

You will have to Contact Triad- STV to get one of those...good luck

A little history concerning predominately White/Yellow and Purple STV pictured in most of Wally's TRIAD Euro upgrades.

I picked up the boat early this year. Anyone wondering about the quality of constuction, the overall finish, I can sum it up for you I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE BOAT!

I visited the shop almost every week during construction since I live about 30 minutes away, even rolled a little glass just so I could say I did. I have two small daughters that often accompanied me, and they loved the shop, pretty cool place, almost like American Chopper.

Since I have had the boat we have had no problems, Wally and the guys at Triad did a terrific job on the boat.

The seats, rear deck, console are all very nicely done and enhance the package.

Anyone considering a Triad or STV owes it to themselves to visit the shop, or atleast give Wally a call, the quality and performance is unmatched.

The wife and girls love everything about the boat, its extremely stable, handles well, and is quick enough for me to play every once in awhile.

Thanks for posting the photos Wally, I had problems doing this myself.

A little history concerning predominately White/Yellow and Purple STV pictured in most of Wally's TRIAD Euro upgrades.

I picked up the boat early this year. Anyone wondering about the quality of constuction, the overall finish, I can sum it up for you I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE BOAT!

I visited the shop almost every week during construction since I live about 30 minutes away, even rolled a little glass just so I could say I did. I have two small daughters that often accompanied me, and they loved the shop, pretty cool place, almost like American Chopper.

Since I have had the boat we have had no problems, Wally and the guys at Triad did a terrific job on the boat.

The seats, rear deck, console are all very nicely done and enhance the package.

Anyone considering a Triad or STV owes it to themselves to visit the shop, or atleast give Wally a call, the quality and performance is unmatched.

The wife and girls love everything about the boat, its extremely stable, handles well, and is quick enough for me to play every once in awhile.

Thanks for posting the photos Wally, I had problems doing this myself.

Sounds good TRIADSTV,

Good to hear that the STV is your family ride...it will be our family ride too someday...3 kids under 10 rolleyes.gif

STV's are thier favorite boats biggrin.gif

They have good memories of our old one