Sign in to follow this  
haqua

optimax anyone?

Haqua

Check out the 'What's your top speed' thread just below this one..Last page has a euro with a 200 on it...Don't know if this answers your question though

Do I search for the member "Hydrovector" as he has a Euro with an older 200 and cut heads running 90.

Hydrovector's engine will make 6300 rpm with the 30 pitch cleaver,any optimax will hit rev limiter at 5750 rpm

will an engine like this be useable if a top speed of 90 mph is to be desired?

will the 200 optimax be able to turn a bigger pitch prop

sence it's a 3.0 and should be makeing more torc

The best I have run is 93 with a 30 merc cleaver. I think that you would be able to spin a 32. Even with the 30 Masco I have It's not that bad out of the hole. Shit I ski with a 28 merc Chopper. I'm not out drag racing so being a little slow dosn't bother me. When I first put the stock 200 on it it ran 88 at 6,000 rpms with my 28 merc chopper. And I didn't know how to drive it yet.

I had a 92 pro comp with a stock 200 and would run right at the 94mph mark at 7100rpm with a 28p. Low 90's should be doable for an optimax.

Hydrovector I don't think it is possible to run 88mph at 6000rpm with a 28p tach must be off.

Thx John

:) Thank's for the info!,

next time i go to the states (i work at a cobalt/cruisers dealership) for dealer meating i'm planning on finding a euro

and bring it with me

for me running in 90's is ok

can i still use stock lower or does it need to have low water

pick up?