Firestarter

Let the STV SRV rebuild begin.

one is getting ready to come out of the mold

I have had 3 buds that bought 22' Talons. Sweet boats!

Mark McDonald is on his second one.

It has twin 2001 SVS Drags on some lite brackets I built. The kind with the jack plate, set back, swivel bracket and trim combined.

His boat is some what liter that the standard boat and he has a 125 horse nitrus shot on each motor.

With 15 x 30 4 blade cleavers, it will roll your pants legs up from about 30 to 120.

Very nice boat.

ER

ER, wait till the new 22' Talons are done, the old boats while well built were not vacuum bagged, nore did they have core in the sides, they used coremat.... which all it really does is absorbe resin. The new boats will be lighter and stronger than the originals. Just like the Talon's built by hustler new will be faster than the originals.

RT

The SRV will have a balsa core vacuum bagged into it.... one day. It is realy low proprity are the glass shop right now. Paying customers come first! If the deck mold ever gets done ( both the bottom and deck molds are here, but are long since shot ) I am considering building a epoxy carbon kevlar post cured SRV. It would weigh in at about 550 lbs and be unbreakable. That and my Power Performance 2.5 that I finished assembling on sunday should FLY.

RT

Well, I sold my other fast boat and just had a big revelation that if I don't get this boat done I will be driving a sea ray ( it does have 560hp ) or a Donzi, and neither are all that fun, or have that 2.5 power. So, I have gone balls to the wall on the project. This weekend the deck came off and it got a final clean up with the grinder, then a layer of 1.5 oz matt with Dow Durakane 8084 etching resin to make it stick, followed by a full bottom of 5/8 ( WAY WAY overkill ) balsa core that has been vacuum bagged into the boat with ATC core bond putty. Then the core is being covered with a layer of 1808 and 1208. The plan is t have the stringers in by the weekend and and the key peices of structure so the boat can be poped out of the jig. I have pictures ( not of the bagging ) as my camera died and I have to charge it before I can download. So that will be for tomorrow.

The plan for this boat is to have it done before christmas. The pressure is on, and I am rather motivated to see it done.

As a side note the deeper into the boat I get the less impressed I am with the construction of the boat. Some of the ideas were good, but the execution was poor. The deck was held on with drywall screws...... which rust, then the deck was tapped on with some stichmat that was placed over the splatter coat.... poor bonding. I was ready to murder trying to get the rusty screws out. Massive progress this weekend!

RT

Thanks to Anthony, here are the 2 pictures I took before my camera batteries died. This first one is the skin of Durakane 8084

Here is the beginning of the fitment of the 5/8 balsa core. Not pretty yet, as it is just the beginning. but you get the idea.

RT

post-7-1130856222.jpg

post-7-1130856445.jpg

Yep neither does the inside of a bullet proof vest look pretty.

Great updates ...and no problem

:)

Well the structure is in now. It is vacuum bagged and the stringers are in.

here is the boat popped free from the jig. I took it off to clean the edges of the jig up and to check with a straight edge how it turned out.......... PERFECT

Here are the stringers in the boat, they are bonded with ATC poly bond, and weighted with railway ties.once hard the crossers come out and they get covered with 1208.

Done, ready for knees, ribs, seatbox, and a floor. BTW all wood is Okume.

post-7-1131378041.jpg

post-7-1131378172.jpg

post-7-1131378482.jpg

post-7-1131378621.jpg

1-here is the front bulhead, all okume wood skind with .75os matt and bonded in with 1808, oh and the green stuff is poly bond, everything is bedded in it...... a shit loat stronger!.

2-the deck back on

3-Here is the entire deck board filed straight and sprayed with duratec. You can see every imperfection in the boat with this on it. There are 2 small ones, one on the dash and one on the deck right infront of the transom. Both are fixed now.

RT

post-7-1133812292.jpg

post-7-1133812432.jpg

post-7-1133812556.jpg

Edited by Firestarter

:D Man ............... talk about the relentless pursuit of perfection !!!

The SRV is looking incredible Rob.

"Great Work"

Regards,

Bruce. :)

Looking good Rob! Glad to see you're still coming along on this project.

That DuraTech primer is fun ain't it. I got to sand bunches of it a few years back :(

Yeah as the rest have said...it looks awesome rob...great work :)