• Merc/Mariner Modified
    • OMC Second Effort/Evolution
    • OMC Stock
    • OMC Modified
    • Yami Stock
    • Yami Modified
    • Suzi
    • Scott / Attwater

Let us know what kind of HP and Brand of motor you got on the back.

Tell us your top speed too!

My Laser 380 now haz a 2.5 "Frankienmoter"...It haz parts from a 91 200, 93 260, 95 200, 300drag electronics, 245 carbs...Havent got enuff time to git any numbers...with 80/82 jets and 4stroking from 5400...turned 6800, ran 84MPH wit 28" cleaver..........Supervee(Modified LTV) haz a 86' 2.0, fingerported, modified, mercXRI efi/10pack w/A-48 ecu, XR-6 gearcase wit 2:1 gears, 96 MPH in 800' @ 11:70's, wit 24" yamaha wheel...............Monark 14' aluminium flat, 88' 25 Evinrude, 31MPH(35 in turns)...REX

My vote didn't git put in tha right place...it went to merc performance...should have went to merc/modified...I kan't afford merc/perf stuff...REX

running a '98 260 mariner modified by roberie racing, approx. 320 h.p.. it will run 111 m.p.h. with a 27p hoss triton, this is on a '95 river rocket.

i'm running a 1999 3.0 liter omc bone stock with bob's nose cone 2 1/2" off the transom turning a performance propeller 29 srx @7200 havn't got an official speed yet the gaffrig liquid filled speedo reads 98 mph just got a brand new 30 lab cleaver gonna try it soon with gps in the boat will report new number hopefully three digits we'll see :p

Well Monty your liquid filled speedo is right on at 98mph...That's the number you can expect usuing a GPS turning that prop 7200...anyway that's what my prop calc indicates..I'm running a 97 Mariner that's stock but it turns a 30 cleaver at 7400 and that's good enough for me

GUYS,

I find the Gaff speedos to be very accuarate when comparing to GPS. The 120 mph unit which I ran was calibrated at 100 mph. So it was most accurate at speeds close to 100. The one time I verified by GPS it was only 1 mph optimistic...that was good enuff for me!!!

The Gaffrig in my boat (Anthonys old boat) seems to read 5mph high from 30-75mph.  At 95, it's only 3 high.  I'm swapping to a Gaffrig GPS speedo this time around.

WOW, I am sooooooooooooo suprised that so few have modified Johnsons :D  :D

I feel like the Lone Ranger, of course he was always on the side of riteousness :p  :p

LOL

ER

Any hot rod outboard is good!

Mod Johnsons??They seem to be pretty common I'd like to hear more about the 'lone' Scott/Attwater someone posted...Must be on something like this :)

post-2-1080167273.jpg

Hey looking at the boat above...you can see where Summerford got his influence for the EURO :D

I would say that motor looks like a 1957 Evinrude Lark 35....

Looks more like a Cadillac then a Meteor. :D

I think the Mercury Meteor was only sold in Canada at one time

Again...add some pickles to that thing it could be Euro ???

Good call on the motor Lloyd

225 ProMax with WMH carbs, 150 PSI compression, 9/16" above the pad, 93 STV Euro, comp bottom, 6" manual jackplate, 102 mph GPS at 450' elevation with a Ron Hill 15x30 Cleaver.  100 mph GPS with a 14.25 x 26 Mazco RE4.  (Thats with full gear and 1/2 tank of fuel) Had it ported since then and hoping it will run 110-115 once I get the jetting correct.

More Bombardier stuff..............Merkre boyz beware!

This is the new 2005 150 horse Pro Gas ETEC.

Check out the clean no frills design........environmentally friendly too!

LOL

ER

post-2-1082475714.jpg