Sign in to follow this  
TR1ADSTV

Best Prop 4 STV Euro

OK........whats the best wheel for an STV Euro Ski?  

I want good all around performance, hole shot, mid-range punch, and a decent top end.

Motor is 2003 2.5 SS set 3/4 above pad, w/6" plate, stock rev limiter

Note:  I am not interested in the fastest top end wheel, just a good all around performer that is still capable of punching 100.

My 98 Euro with 99  280 and 28et peaks at 102mph. You can't go wrong with an ET for all around fun!

I have to agree, a real 28 et really provides that seat pinning punch, carries weight well and really lessens wheel torque on the dual ride glide steering.  You really cant go wrong w/ a merc et.  There was both a 28 and a 30 et for sale on scream and fly, reasonablly $.

My .02 -

The 28 ET is a great prop for a Euro with a 280 and actually measures 29p. I did not like the 30p ET as well as I liked the two 30p Mazco RE-3's I tried. The blade rake between the 28 & 30 ET's is different - the 30 RE-3 seems to be a bit better in this reguard, but still was not as good ALL AROUND as the 28p ET.

Be willing to try any prop you can test.

For something completely different - I have a 4 blade 28p Propco that has been pitched up to 30+p. On the Euro, it drove GREAT and accelerated better than a 26p Yamaha - but the 28p ET is a better choice for many boaters. It looks like this prop:

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums....=propco

I'm the odd guy here but I think you will like the RE-4 or any other 4 blade for that matter.

I would stay away from the RE-3's as I've seen many of them crack & throw blades in less than a year old. Never saw a RE-4 do that.

The ET's run great when running light but I dont like them as well when I have passengers. Not enough bow lift at low to midrange speeds.

My favorite all around loaded prop is a 4 blade 14-1/4" x 29" Powertech SCG4 Magnum Superlift Yamaha copy. It lifts and accelerates like nothing else I've ever run. Problem is top end is not as good and it's got wheel torque.

My other favorites are a 15"x 28" four blade Mach cleaver, and a 14-1/4" x 28" four blade Mach chopper.

I run a prop shop so I do lots of custom mods on choppers just to see how they run.

If you like more info e-mail me direct at, arrr@interlinc.net

Randy.

we just sold a euro our 26 pitch gave us the biggest numbers our 28 did the best acceleration and the 30 was the most fun with more than two people in the boat. Hope that helps any prop buyers.