Sign in to follow this  
BLUElixir

I've been doing some work lately.

Check out the west marine web site. Got their cat log and in it there are several types and colors of those hand hole covers.

Twist on black and white?

Pop in, no twist in clear too. The snap in uses and O-ring which means you could use it for a hose/wire pass through too.

Also I think the twist ons might be availble in flat. The snap ins are.

BTW if there is a local west marine they might have the wish books in. Mine had a 3' stack of them so I grabbed one.

Hey Bluelixer

I like those running lights...can you give me some more info on those...also your old thread re: running lights never did indicate just what you did with respect to the stern light..What happened there? BTW everything you have done so far is first class...I remember when you bought that bote and some jerk allowed as how it was never going to be a worthwhile project...You did good

Thanks for the compliments guys. The boat is such a fun hobby.

Brad and Techno, Thanks for the info on the access plates. I'll have to do some more investigation. I do have a West Marine catalog that I hadn't checked out until you mentioned it. Nice selection.

JJ, the side lights are from Eddie Marine. They seem to be pretty nice. I still haven't totally settled on a stern light. It will most likely be one like yours but I'm not sure on the location. I have some great ideas from that thread though. As for the negative comments..... I'm extremely glad that I bought the boat. Its my baby and I love it!

I don't know if this is going to work well but it seems solid.  I did see another Summerford boat done similiar.  It is a high grade piece of aluminum made into a large H bracket with 2 bolts on each end.  The center bolt is a grade 8 bolt.  The ski pole drops through and you screw it on.

post-1-1086109869.jpg

Its a Rex Marine Pole and bezel.  The Rex Pole comes tapped at the bottom.  And no, I'm not a machinest.

ProComp

ProComp what are those nipply things on either side of the rigging hoses?

Pin cleats?

hster I've got a lathe and mill but I'm not a machinist.

Doesn't everyone have those toys?

Yes Techno and they pop up on there own when its cold out! :D

I bet thats a gadget you don't have.  LOL

ProComp

BOTH OF THOSE BOATS LOOK REALLY NICE-IT TAKES ALOT TO GET ONE TO LOOK LIKE A WEST COAST BUILT BOAT BUT THE DETAILS & ANODIZED PIECES BRING THEM ALOT CLOSER ( ITS ALL IN THE DETAILS ) LOOKING GOOD!!

REX MARINE AND EDDIE MARINE BOTH OFFER ALOT OF NICE LOOKING STUFF THAT CAN BE ADDED-ITS KINDA LIKE CHROME AND HARLEY (IT NEVER ENDS)