Sign in to follow this  
Rick Bullock

New Mirage Owner

RB here. I recently purchased a '93 Mirage Jag W/ '93 Rude 200. Current prop is a 24" Raker. Previous Owner claims this is best prop for the boat. This is new territory for me as I am coming from pad bottom 'Streams running over-hub choppers! Any help/ suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanx. Rick

I'd say that should be a decent prop for acceleration and carrying passengers around. but Rakers generally have quite a bit of bow lift which tunnels usually dont need.

Also being only a 24 pitch i think you'll run into the rev limiter pretty hard.

I'm an STd errrrr.... V guy and I'm looking for a 24" Yamaha drag to beat up the big block drag boats smile.gif , a 28" ET for general running around, and a 32" offshore cleaver to get some big #'s biggrin.gif

Congrats on the new boat, and keep it upholstered side up

BJH blink.gif

I have one of Randy's 24 ET copy which does very well for them seat pinning runs. It calculates to 25.5pitch. On my Euro with a 280 it hits the limiter at 92mph faster than you can down a cold beer biggrin.gif

Round ear over hub props work well with most Mirages. As with any tunnel boat, cleavers are your best bet for top end, but holeshot suffers.

I can spin a 30 Hoss Triton 7100 RPMs with my 2.4 200. The boat gets a little kitey, but it just makes me that much more careful. My everyday prop is a 26" Merc big ear chopper. I tried a Yammy drag prop once and loved it!! The boat was more stable than it had ever been and didn't slip a bit coming out of the hole. The only drawback was I lost 3 MPH on the top compared to a similarly pitched round ear. I want to track down a bigger Yammy or thicker Yammy copy to try/buy when my boat fund builds back up.

I was going to try a 27" SRX once but looking at the cup it had, I was leary about how much lift it would give, so I passed.

The big difference I've seen between Mirages and STV's is that the really fast STV's run flat while the Mirage rides nose high. Something to think about.