• Euro 5"
    • Euro 10"
    • Euro 18"
    • ProComp zero
    • ProComp 5"
    • ProComp 10"
    • ProComp 18"

YEP,

Found it ROB!...YEP they sure look good! Kind of like ground effects sucking them to the Water.

Last Time out, I ran my STV real flat and got speeds over 100. Seems like you can drive it all day like that without getting into trouble.

I was a little nervous of the bow touching down tho and making her go around, but it held a nice attitude. I could tell the stern rides higher when the rest of the boat is flatter to cause the speedo would only read 80 with the pickup coming out.

Dave Ray and Newton where just inching by me in thier rigs so we must have been running in the 105 range.

That's it Anthony, once it flattens out you are off. It sure does feel like it will run for ever, don't worry about going around, you would have to do something really stupid for that to happen.  If you get it to flat it will bounce a little and you just bump the trim up once and all will be good. I normally get the boat as close to the bounce as it is fastest and most stable their.

Grahamns boat----I really wish I didn't sell that one, it was perfect. For that matter, I real wish I didn't sell the other one to Brent----I loved those two boats.

RT

I don't know about the other hulls, but my mod vp 2 seater as it approaches triple digits under acceleration has a noticeable trait. You can actually feel the nose drop over and since my top cap is different from most I have always assumed that it is the air moving over the top and around the cockpit.Once the nose drops you can bump up a couple of clicks and set sail.

My motor is mounted directly to the transom and the only porpoise I get is if I'm not running enough positive trim.Its almost like the boat telling you, hey dummy you forget the button location.

SK

There seems to be alot of different opinions on setback here. I was advised by different people in my area that raced to add the additional setback. I have 12 inches of setback on my River Rocket... I do not know how it would run without as Firewalker says and one day will try. Most of the time I run my boat with right much weight. Full Fuel tank, people, etc and boat seems to do ok.  To me it runs fast enough like it is and handles like a dream.

Mike M

Hey Guys,

have pro comp ski, heavy boat, with a 3.0L shorty OMC,

running 10" setback now with non cut transom, feels like it

needs to be closer, should I cut the transom?

Thanks,

Ken C

post-2-1049843283.jpg

YEP...that looks line too much KEN...I would try and get it about 5" closer before cutting first and see if that helps some....thats a lot of weight not needed more then anything

YEP...that looks line too much KEN...I would try and get it about 5" closer before cutting first and see if that helps some....thats a lot of weight not needed more then anything