Sign in to follow this  
Administrator

PA Euroski

Originally I had plans to purchase my Euroski as new in 1998 from D&R Boats of Indiana but only found out in July of 98 the Mississippi boys stopped building them. My deposit was refunded. I immediately started a search on the net for a Euroski which had to be very new and a owner who was willing to sell with out the engine. After searching boat trade for about a week one came up for sell located in Orlando Florida that I became very interested in and after contacting the owner and getting pictures, all I had to do is wonder if the STV was as good as the pictures! I was worried about making the long drive form Western Pennsylvania to Jacksonville Florida to pick up the boat and finding problems with the hull. But something just told me this person was honest, which he was. So... August 3,1998 with the help from my daughter we made the 1100 mile drive to meet at the bank that was holding the title. Never had much of a chance to see Jacksonville Florida since we only spent 3 hours in the town. Exchanged money and paper work and headed back for home. The 99 280 was ordered in December 1999 with the hope it would not arrive at my dealer for *many* weeks but as my luck goes I got a call the week of Christmas to come and get it! Wow... what a expensive Christmas that was not including what I had to purchase for my wife who thought I was NUTS for going that far for a boat. By-the-way she also enjoys riding around a long as I keep the speeds below 70mph! My tow vehicle is a 1988 Blazer Tahoe with a 4.3l engine and all the factory tow options. Bought it new and try to keep the Blazer out of the snow. About all the Blazer has done over the years is pull boats from Glastron, Scarab 21 Excel, V-King, and now the STV.

As for setup it's about the same as most Euroski's, CMC 5.5 setback, SeaStar Pro hydraulic steering, and choice propellers are Mercury ET28 and Lab 14.5 x 30 cleaver. Although I am trying to purchase the Lab 32 cleaver which ran 112mph last season from my friend!

MVC-297F.JPG

Just wondering...I've heard that type of comment before abouth the "Miss. boys" not building them any longer...have there been any real changes in the design/construction of the boat since then?? I'm hot on the trail to purchase a Euroski and am starting to wonder, any help/info would be really appreciated.

Best thing to do is e-mail Triad Boats which can be found in the members listing. From what I have heard he now uses Epoxy resins versus the AME4000.  Other than that I'am not sure. As for mine which is a 98 there are no cracks anywhere and it was built in Mississippi.

Well, I'm no fiberglass expert, but I'm guessing that the epoxy is a lesser material than the previous. I'll have to do some homework I guess....thanks for the info. I believe that if I do purchase one that the setup would be very similar to the one you are running, seems like a nice combo. Now, I just need to find that extra $30,000 bucks and away I go, lol.

The new STV's built at Triad, have many changes, both to the structure and the layup, they are just the natural evoulution, using todays technology. These are the best boats yet to wear the STV name, and the others were excellent.

RT

Gentlemen, I just purchased a new 2001  euro from triad and picked it up this last weekend 4-5-02.  I spent about 3 hours with Wally on his floor and let me tell ya, this gentlman has done everything to enhance the durability and looks for todays STV. I have sent the boat off to get the merc 2.5 225x rigged up to it and hopefully once its finished and been picked up I'll post pictures. STV's have always been a choice of mine but once I saw what Wallys done to the boat, hands down I went and found the 30,000.

SOUNDS GREAT JandJ,

Mkae sure you post some pics and thanks for sharing the info with us!!!