Firestarter

Out with the old, in with the BADDEST Triad

"pain in the ass" means I spent ALL weekend rebusning and shiming the midsection, rebuilding the front half of the motor and then rigging it. The motor then proceeded to run like crap........ then it ate Pauls A10 Ecu, followed by more running like crap. All it had was 8000 with a 26, it should pull over 10k. There is an electrical problem. We will sort it out this weekend.

So yes Wayne you are faster, but speed girl is gonna teach you a lesson in quickness.

RT

ROB...I am sure you guys will get it all sorted out and be winding up to 10K in no time...

Remember...this is our Hobby and we love it ...right biggrin.gif

Was at Ted's shop today and he told me the boat was very impressive. What are you hoping to get out of it top end? and what is the diff. between this hull and Blakes ModVp hull....durability cuz the Vp's are so lite?

Dreamer,

Blake had a River Rocket built by Wally before he bought that Rocket, he also still owns a 550 lb mod-vp, this STV is ten bounds heavier than the modvp and stronger than the old 724 lb boat.

It will not be a top end boat, it will be set up for all around preformance.... leaning to drags. It will have a healthy top end though.... probably 130+

all this talk about the purple boat- F@$% that-what about when all you guys took off last weekend and left me on the dock with a shit load to clean up, a smoking A8 box and an empty beer fridge!!! any buddy know how to put carbs on a drag mota?? atleast you guys are going to Jasper so you can give my box to Shawn at Rapair.

paul

Hey RPM, wanna bet on 130?

Paul, next time have a FULL beer fridge and a spare ECU....... we all learn from our mistakes, I hope there isn't a next time.

I have a nice Holley 1050, it will supply PLENTY of fuel, a little duck tape and WD-40 and we will have you rolling.

RT

Paul,

If you ever need anymore parts torn up, let me know. I will do it without drinking your fridge dry.

I can burn the golden rule of boating into your brain. "Never loan out good parts that you need or want to keep". This is especially true when dealing with owners of boats the color of children's dinosaur mascots that sing.

I have lost more really good race props to a purple boat owner than I want to think about, just ask JR Suttles.

so true Wayne- they caught me at a weak moment- just got out of bed!!! plugged it back in my mota and the sweet smell of frying electronics- wierd thing is it did not fry on blakes mota- he just turned the key and it just spun around-not even a burp- it smoked only plugged on my engine???

Did RT touch it?

Some people are just cursed!

Electronics are strange beasties. It could be a coincidence, or it could be Rob. It is more fun to blame Rob.

As much as I would love to take the heat for touching the box ( or any other for that matter ohmy.gif ), I had nothing to do with it....... I was busy working on empting Pauls fridge.

RT

I will have to agree - RT was on the sidelines for this one- looks like Shawn will have the box in hand this Friday at Jasper- the box will be redone by him- changing the box to an A10 with a cleaner bottom end and removing the limiter- spoke to Brendan Power and he has always given me excellent advise so A10 here I come- sad thing is I will have to wait till spring to try it!! I as well am sorry that I cannot make it to jasper- drywalling the final two rooms at my cottage has to take priority.

paul

Dreamer, top speed is not a goal, good acceleration is. Right now with the little prop it is right at 120 mph, the motor is WAY past peak power in it's porting. The ECU was also set at 111%, it was WAY fat with soft heads. Although if you threw a 32 cleaver on it I guarantee 130 mph. In it's current form, it is shockingly quick, it pulls like a freight train!.