ProComp

Curious - new back seat

What seat design do you like better  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LOL - RPM, you have no idea how funny that comment is. Can't wait until phooker see's this post! When he first came on the board he was asking about the spray and wind of a Euro. I told him in a post that if was concerned about that to go buy a Bayliner! He got even in the end, that for sure, by ordering a new one. Doh!

What I like about the rear bench is the you no longer have the huge one piece hatch. The seats stays in place and the sundeck just lifts up and its on cylinders I think. I believe there is a brace across to that will ad to the structural integrity of the boat as well. Perhaps Rich can take a picture with the hatch up for us.

I do like the uniqueness of the dual buckets as well.

ProComp

I like the new bench much more than the old buckets. It gives more useable room for seating. It is more comfortable. The rear storage section is more useable and easier to get at. And it looks more finished.

If you want to add a fuell cell filler cap, you now can fill the tank much easier. And getting a drink out of a cooler in the back doesn't require anyone in the back seat to stand up and help you lift the seats.

When I ordered my last STV - a River Rocket, I tried to get Triad to make this an option. If I still owned my Euro, I would consider this a great way to update the boat, and make it even better.

just my .02,

While I like the look of the twin buckets, you cannot argue that the new system is way better!. The old seats are not all that comfortable, and if you have a 3rd passenger the old system makes balancing the boat impossible.

RT

I like the look of the buckets, but I have no practical experience with the difference.

Brad, you really need to change your screen name so that when "Pro Comp" asks about the back seat, he's not talking about a Euro. tongue.gif

Looks like the bench is much more functional...especially if the hatch gives access without tossing passengers outta the way. I saw a euro at a run a few weeks back and he had the dual seating....pretty much same BS I have to go thru to refuel....lift whole seat compartment.

And I think I'm gonna start a poll to see who thinks Brad should forfeit his "Procomp" handle....and give it to me. I offered to buy it at one point. LOL

With 3 tykes , I would certainly prefer the bench...but a I would not hesitate for a boat with the the buckets, I would put a 3rd seat on top of the drink console biggrin.gif

Dreamer - offer to buy it? I'm broke, how much? LOL

OK, its up for dibbs however I should warn you, it comes with a bad reputation and multiple hate emails per day and people like to bash it. LOL

Ya still want it? biggrin.gif

Seriously, one of you can have it. Some say I should change it to SLOWCOMP sad.gif

Some of the Minnesota guys call me B-RAD which is kind of funny. Larry you can change mine to that and see who pays me enough for the PROCOMP!

I'm outta here until Monday. Going to get my ass kicked in New Ulm, Minnesota.

B-RAD

i think the bench would be more family

friendly, but the old style would be much

easier if you had to work on the boat.

just lift and slide, and it's out of your way.

Now that really is FUNNY! biggrin.gif

Still thinkin' it's some kind of a set up though.

The bench is great and remarkably roomy. I've had 3 guys in back. My nephews are 6'-2" and built (1 plays Jr A hockey; the other University football). The 3rd guy is smaller, about 170 lbs. They described the ride as "cozy but not uncomfortable".

With 1 more in front (5 men in all), a full gas tank and a 29 SRX we managed 94 by GPS, which seems pretty good. All in relative comfort. Not bad for a Bayliner. tongue.gif

Incidentally, there is no gas strut to hold up the hatch. Just a simple prop rod arrangement which is neat, works great and adds very little weight.

I'll try to remember to post a picture.