STV dreamer

First run in the RR....SWEET!

I never would have realized there could be such a difference in the PCS to the RR but WOW!!! I'm a pretty happy guy right now biggrin.gif big time.

The complaints I was having with the PCS not being able to break loose from the water and get the proper running speeds were obviously due to the engine height....didn't want to rev over 7500 and 107 tops.....felt like it was stuck to the water. If the spacers could have come up a hole I think there was still some more in it.

BUT, who cares about that kindling anymore cuz there's a new sherrif in town....1 hour of run time 2 up and 113 MPH and appx. 8400 RPM, definitely some left and running the PCU rich.

This thing is a dream to run and relatively forgiving and easy...feels so much lighter and more nimblel. Hydraulic jack and steering are luxuries my PCS didn't have. I smell 120 coming soon and I'm looking for more with mods for spring. The RR is built to run and is apptly named.

post-1-1097722655.jpg

Well set up with 3 fuel filters, prefilter, filter, afterfilter(apparently aircract quality stuff) plus vacuum relief canister (?) larger fuel lines than PCS, custom fab. alum. PCU mounts, batt. box, pump mounts, dual kill switches for fuel and ignition, Racepak egt with dual egts, eng. temp., rpm all can be read on the fly with extra finger toggle mounted on trim lever....TRICK.

Gps holder on side but batteries wer cutting out so have to go by waterfilled Gaffrig and allow for possible inaquracy. 104-105

post-1-1097724109.jpg

112-113 and I got a bit spooked so I let out slow. Theres more rpm and throttle left and the seat time was minimal....ran my 30 ET and think the 32 cleaver will give more on the top end. Maybe the 30 cleaver will run better on this setup than the PCS as it walked alot.

post-1-1097725102.jpg

Congrats! Thats awesome. Sure didn't take long to get it rigged. Who's the fearless guy who sat behind ya? Not me thats for sure.

ProComp

boat looks real good dreamer. You got the motor on and had it ready to run in a day!!! Do you have any plans this sunday afternoon? I would like to hook up with you and run boats before it gets too cold for the season. I am testing right now with my euro and last night was a nice night on the water, but not a good night for my testing, I put the motor down a half inch and I went from 114 mph with a passenger and full load with a 30 cleaver, to 112 by myself and no back seat and NOTHING in the boat, so I know I need to move the motor back up and run with no load, I want to see over 115 before the season is over. I am pretty sure if I could run your 32 it would happen. Let me know if you want to try to get together to run the STV's

Phil

Awesome RICH...I VERY happy for you...I said it once...you've come a long way in 2 seasons..."good on ya" Bro...way to go

PHIL...go easy on that Euro please and send or post some pics THANKS biggrin.gif

Phil, maybe put the back seat back in and try again before bumping the motor back up. Maybe there is a chance that without the seat the air movement in that rear pocket is putting more downward pressure on the boat. Ya never know.

I only took mine out to see if it might help in a drag race. ie less weight. Didn't think the extra 60 lbs would have much effect on top end. What ya think? Could be wrong AGAIN I guess. I think Rob has experimented with the seat removal on a Euro. Perhaps he can comment.

Sure wish I could figure out how to make a lightweight rear fairing for a Euro. Any chance John Spaith could make one?

ProComp

Yep Blake has experimented with both methods (seat out and flat hatch)...the bottom line is... leave the back seat in.

I think a smoothed out Back seat with a faring would be cool. You would almost need another back seat and do some custom glass work...might be an idea if you could find one...anyway back to DREAMER...we're jacking his thread....AWESOME DREAMER...all I can say biggrin.gif

Well thanks for the compliments.....yeah rigged fast before weather changes too bad., couldn't stand to look at it in the winter without motor or running it. Big help that Bruce let it go fully equipped to perfection.

Phil, sure lets hook up....supposed to rain next 6-10 days.... going out today to try 32.