ProComp

Dash Pics

New Guages - GPS Speedo, 10K tach, single EGT, fuel pressure, volts, water pressure. Adding a fuel level as soon as it arrives.

Can anyone tell me if the GPS antenna will work OK mounted under the dash? or where they mounted there's?

B-RAD

post-70-1120596562.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the GPS antenna will work OK mounted under the dash? or where they mounted there's?

You'd be best to put the sucker in the bilge. Less chance of getting good satellite hook-ups and bursting your bubble about how fast you are. blink.gif

In all seriousness, Brad, I think they have to be in line of sight with the sky. I think Pierson puts his where the bow light would normally be.

I actually silicone the antenna under the deck. They work about anywhere so long as they are not around metal objects. All the river rockets we've done this year shoot thru the front deck. Because they are glued under the deck you don't even know they are there.

Randy

B-RAD

Yes Brad, it will, as long as there is only 'glass above it. Remember back to your Pro Comp...know the front bulkhead...I built an "L" shaped bracked, bolted it to that bulkhead, with the flat surface pointed up. Then just black RTV'd my two GPS antenna's to that. Works great.

Thanks guys. Just waiting for the antenna to arrive. Glad it will go under the dash. Its not bad if you have a white dash but wasn't real excited about it being in view on my black one.

B-RAD

Dam Keith, not only will it hold the antenna down it will also hold down your bow! LOL. Just messing with ya.

What else is on there? The antenna looks different from the white livorsi one?

Thanks for the pics.

The plate is actually aluminum. I just bent it, then welded the other aluminum bar stock to hold it from bouncing. The whole lot got painted with some rattle-can ultra-flat black. I think it might weigh a pound, but probably less. smile.gif

The one on the left in the pic is a Titan 3 remote antenna for my Garmin GPS. 29dB gain. The one on the right is the Rex Marine sender that runs my Rex/Autometer GPS speedo.

He is one of my recently sold Roark built '94 Euro.......picture was taken in late September of this year.......got into a Triad built Euro...........looking very forward to it..............Cheers, Alex.

post-879-1134412967.jpg

Hey, you got the tach upside-down! I got mine turned 90*

Hey, you got the tach upside-down! I got mine turned 90*

Ya. It's a nice way to get your R's on the top end. You just put the # you want stright up were you can find it. I had a hard time looking around the wheel in the boat. I started doing that back when I rode snowmobiles.

Well I don't know exactly what they did, something to do with the Nitrous however for the re-rig one will turn on the Rye and the other the Coke! :lol:

Gonna put one big Monster Tach on the left and 3 small Monsters in the middle. Both corners are already messed up so they'll get small monsters too. Won't be until spring unforetunately.

Thinking Red Rim with white Face on a new black dash overlay.