Administrator

Let's see them Triads

It runs pretty well I've only had it up to 82 (with plenty left) so far 3 times in the water two of which were less than favorable conditions. The boat had a 28" Allison cut chopper on it when I bought it. I have got a 30" Et I'm waiting to try and am going to add some setback this season (it only has 4 inches right now). I want to get some more seat time in the boat and get comfortable with it. How does your boat run?

Roger, we left the 2.5 and EFI off the cowel. Just has the italic Mercury racing font across the front, Mercury on the sides, and a big "M" with the bacon strips on the back. It kind of leaves things up to the imagination that way, I will probably add a new matching blue GPI sticker with logo to the back.

Chummy, only 3 outings with the new rig sad.gif ? You definately need to get that thing more wet this summer!

Oh believe me it will be hard pressed to get me out of the boat this spring and summer. Hey are either of you going to any of the rallys or get togethers this year?

Oh believe me it will be hard pressed to get me out of the boat this spring and summer.  Hey are either of you going to any of the rallys or get togethers this year?

rolleyes.gif

I am planning on going to Blaz again this summer. In fact I sent Mike an email asking when the outing might occur. Haven't heard anything yet but I guess it's late in July close to last years event.

John,

I had a blue and white labels and Mercury in blue color on my previous 225 Promax, while it was pretty neat and it matched the fish & ski I had, it just didn't have any "snap" and many people looked at it and you could see theie question. What is that and what is the HP. Some took the time to ask others just walked away. People who don't know about preformance cannot figure it out.

I still have not figured it out yet. But right now I think it will be a variation of yours to some degree. Do you have any close up pictures of the cowling?

I think Balz to the Wall is off for this year. I am going to try to make it to the Allison 50th party in June, other than that it will be local races and gatherings in Minnesota and Wisconsin for me.

Roger, I'll dig thru my pics and see what I have for close-ups when I get back next week. (I'm flying out of town today). You could always match the factory Alien decals with the 2.5 EFI sport on the sides like Chummy's. I liked keeping them guessing, seems no matter where I go with the V-21, the first question I'm asked is always "how fast does that thing go?" But you are right, the next question was usually "how big is that motor?"

John, are you going to take your boat to the Allison Rally? I thinking of going to that also but I don't know if I want to do the whole 4 day event I was thinking of maybe Thursday, Friday< and Saturday or Friday & Saturday. I would like to go to the Rumble on the River I have heard from many people that it is a blast. Would be great to meet some of you. Oh yeah, Triad is planning a get together also but I don't think that there is a date planned yet.

I think Balz to the Wall is off for this year.  I am going to try to make it to the Allison 50th party in June, other than that it will be local races and gatherings in Minnesota and Wisconsin for me.

Roger, I'll dig thru my pics and see what I have for close-ups when I get back next week. (I'm flying out of town today).  You could always match the factory Alien decals with the 2.5 EFI sport on the sides like Chummy's.  I liked keeping them guessing, seems no matter where I go with the V-21, the first question I'm asked is always "how fast does that thing go?"  But you are right, the next question was usually "how big is that motor?"

blink.gif

John,

What did you hear about Balz event?? It was quite fun last year. But I can understand Mike wanting to take a year off. Hey, Maybe we should start a GPI rally. since you closer to Randy than I am, can you ask him? If not I'll mention something on the 29th.

The general public always asks the speed question but when you place the HP on the motor they ask it much quicker. When people see the 225 Pro Max they then quickly ask the speed question. I thin it gives them a point of reference to what they may have. When I had the 225 Promax on my old boat, without any external markings the question rarely came up.

Would appreciate any pictures of your motor. Thanks John

Nice!

Hey, I remember that one, it was sold here in MN the summer before last. It was a heck of a good deal, my wife just wasn't convinced at the time.

Chummy, I'm planning on heading to the Ally gathering. Probably arrive Wed and leave Saturday night. It's a long haul from here!

John Iverson running with a boat load at the Allison Rally

Chummy are you sure because that looks like John drag racing in Little Falls? ohmy.gif

B-RAD

PS - nice pics

LOL, well when he was fully loaded was the only way I could beat him.  blink.gif

Ya probably me too thats why I need to get the shots in now! smile.gif

Rumor has it that there might be some changes for HIS better coming soon, dam it I think I really need my parts to come in soon. Oh well I guess thats what winter is for, changing setups that is....

Ok ProComp, you little turkey ohmy.gif ! I see what your up to now huh.gif I promised you I'd come out of retirement at Barefoot Bob's drags in New Ulm to give you your shot at me ph34r.gif . Don't worry, you'll get your chance. Use Crosby as your tune-up race (just don't be the backstop like I was). Rumor has it we may not have to stare at the back of that maroon XR 2002 anymore, we might get something new to look at like the back of an ss2000 Comp. tongue.gif

Come on guys, this thread is collecting dust, lets get it going again. Here is a shot of me and Chummy's ride at the Ally ralley in Tennessee. What are the odds they would book the only V-21's next door at the hotel. unsure.gif

post-800-1126235582.jpg