AnthonySS

NEW GPI EURO

THANKS to Randy at GPI for sending us these.

Here you go guys Enjoy.

post-6-1107179753.jpg

druel, no drewl, no droool, no droul... however you spell it, WOW, that is an incredible looking boat!!!!! Considering where it came from, I can only imagine that it is an absolute screamer too!!!!

Nice Boat!!! I was looking at the crowd or lack of. Looks just like the Houston show. People need to think of a better way to get more into boating or the crowds are going to thin out even more.

RT,

The gearcase with the skeg cut was for show only. They thought it would look better if it was polished. blink.gif It was the only one I had from the old '98 days with that finish. The buttons were made by Eddie Marine. I'm not a huge fan of hydralic steering. Serves no advantage just costs more. Main deal was we didn't want to break the 40K barrier. At $37500 it was a nice piece. I priced an Ally SS2000 for a guy last week. By the time I was finished it was 10K more. Not a realistic deal for most people. That's why I sell 6 to 1 Wally's stuff over Darris'. We are going to do some new 'streams this summer as the price and models fill some holes. This game is getting so expensive as it is.

Randy

yep randy it's ashame that they are so expensive now day's. i'm 29yrs old and bought a new xb2002 when i was 21 and had to put a used promax on it then, now i have the same boat plus the same truck i bought the year befor the boat, no way can i afford a new rig these days. i know everyone has to eat and i'm not knocking no one for what they charge cause i know good help in the labor department is hard to find these days also. just everything cost so damn much these days.

they are very nice rigs and envy them and the owner. just last year i settled for the 9yr old package in my avatar for less than 17000us! i don't regret it either.

thanks for all the info and entertainment.

Nice boat and rigging RP. Guess I should have stuck around for the reveal. rolleyes.gif

Maybe someday I'll be able to afford a newer, used Euro like that as $37,500 is still over $50,000 Canadian. ohmy.gif That is, unless you take homes on trade!

Twible, who's the lucky owner of the one you posted?

B-RAD

Thanks Randy,

I do like the steering buttons, I have never been a fan of the turn signal flippers for the hydraulic, although I do love the CRT system ( or whatever they call it now ).

I had a friend strip the gears in his Teleflex NFB steering in his 01 river rocket and mine shortly there after did the same, I have lost some faith in that system. What are you using?

I kinda look at hydralic as the replacement for rideguide, but would rather seebold or nydahl in a real fast boat.

Brad, that is a friend of Wallys boat....... the thing is unreal, and I am sure a lot more than 37500.......... even more spendy for us Canadians, just so you know my last rocket cost me over 60k, and my first one in 93 cost me a hair over 23k..... and it was new too.

RT

Thanks Randy,

I do like the steering buttons, I have never been a fan of the turn signal flippers for the hydraulic, although I do love the CRT system ( or whatever they call it now ).

I had a friend strip the gears in his Teleflex NFB steering in his 01 river rocket and mine shortly there after did the same, I have lost some faith in that system. What are you using?

I kinda look at hydralic as the replacement for rideguide, but would rather seebold or nydahl in a real fast boat.

Brad, that is a friend of Wallys boat....... the thing is unreal, and I am sure a lot more than 37500.......... even more spendy for us Canadians, just so you know my last rocket cost me over 60k, and my first one in 93 cost me a hair over 23k..... and it was new too.

RT

Rob,

Ironicly, I had a Teleflex NFB steering fail on me this summer. The helm just stripped like your friends. (now you know why I was critical to the guys on steering torque) Thankfully I just went pretty much straight as it occured at 115mph as I was approching the end of the lake. I tried to have the cable/pulley system on my boat but the geometry was not possible with the side steer. I ended up with opposed Morse in the boat with a CRT wheel.

Hope we meet up somewhere and go boating this year.

Randy

Yup same thing, the boat stayed straight. This time it was under acceleration and the boat started to drift, and there was no way to correct it...... weird sensation.

The boat has little or no torque..... but does get pounded on in the rough.

I think a bunch of us are going to the STV gathering, and if the rumble is on we will do that too.

RT

Thanks Randy,

RT

Rob,

Ironicly, I had a Teleflex NFB steering fail on me this summer. The helm just stripped like your friends. (now you know why I was critical to the guys on steering torque) Thankfully I just went pretty much straight as it occured at 115mph as I was approching the end of the lake. I tried to have the cable/pulley system on my boat but the geometry was not possible with the side steer. I ended up with opposed Morse in the boat with a CRT wheel.

Hope we meet up somewhere and go boating this year.

Randy

Randy,

What is the scoop on these motors that you are putting togather?

Mark

Mark H,

The motors are engines GPI is now marketing. They are assembled with Mercury components and are essentually a Merc without the "factory". Mercury can't sell a high perf motor unless it is a smog motor. (Feb 1 was the last order date for 280s, 300x's, and all non-smog motors) But, they can sell powerheads complete, center sections, hoods, gearcases, or complete engines with non-shifting gearcases. Just as the Harley guys build bikes with Harley parts and market them, we will build high perf merc motors and market them as complete units. As long as we stay under 100 units per year the smog police will not effect us. Also, because we are the "builder" we can alter the build and offer a true custom motor to the customer. I can use pistons of better quality, different electronics like 260 style or a PCU, any style of gearcase, etc. This will save the customer money as he doesn't have to purchase a motor and then spend money to change it to the way he really wants it. We do all the warranty issues through our company. I have been offering a 1 year warranty on 2.5 rebuilds and modified motors for the last 5 years. I don't know of any other shop that does this. I must be more confident in the finished product, I guess.

As you can see, the 2 stroke high perf motor is not dead yet. I just talked to Mercury yesterday and the supply will be there for years. The way about it is different but we as performance boaters don't have to run 4 strokes yet!

Randy

Mark H,

The motors are engines GPI is now marketing. They are assembled with Mercury components and are essentually a Merc without the "factory". Mercury can't sell a high perf motor unless it is a smog motor. (Feb 1 was the last order date for 280s, 300x's, and all non-smog motors) But, they can sell powerheads complete, center sections, hoods, gearcases, or complete engines with non-shifting gearcases. Just as the Harley guys build bikes with Harley parts and market them, we will build high perf merc motors and market them as complete units. As long as we stay under 100 units per year the smog police will not effect us. Also, because we are the "builder" we can alter the build and offer a true custom motor to the customer. I can use pistons of better quality, different electronics like 260 style or a PCU, any style of gearcase, etc. This will save the customer money as he doesn't have to purchase a motor and then spend money to change it to the way he really wants it. We do all the warranty issues through our company. I have been offering a 1 year warranty on 2.5 rebuilds and modified motors for the last 5 years. I don't know of any other shop that does this. I must be more confident in the finished product, I guess.

Randy,

Maybe I screwed up. I already ordered a new 2.5 from Jaco's a couple of weeks ago to beat the deadline, but now you've got me wondering if I did the right thing. Give me some more details about your motors. I noticed in one of your previous posts that you are using the 260 electrics and the offshore center sections. The center section choice is obvious, but what is the advantage of the 260 electrics?

What gearcase are you using? Stock or modified? What kind of $$$$?

Mark

As you can see, the 2 stroke high perf motor is not dead yet. I just talked to Mercury yesterday and the supply will be there for years. The way about it is different but we as performance boaters don't have to run 4 strokes yet!

Randy

Mark H,

Randy,

Maybe I screwed up. I already ordered a new 2.5 from Jaco's a couple of weeks ago to beat the deadline, but now you've got me wondering if I did the right thing. Give me some more details about your motors. I noticed in one of your previous posts that you are using the 260 electrics and the offshore center sections. The center section choice is obvious, but what is the advantage of the 260 electrics?

Mark

Randy

I just botched something here trying to post a reply, Looks like I put my reply in the middle of your response somehow. I'll try this again.

Randy,

Mark

RANDY,

Thanks for sharing all this encouraging news about the GPI/Merc motors. You certainly sound like your are step above and I really appreciate it. When I am in the market for a hiperf motor again...I know where I will be shopping and a 1 year Warranty too boot...yes that says a ton about your reputation THANKS

Also, because we are the "builder" we can alter the build and offer a true custom motor to the customer. I can use pistons of better quality, different electronics like 260 style or a PCU, any style of gearcase, etc. This will save the customer money as he doesn't have to purchase a motor and then spend money to change it to the way he really wants it. We do all the warranty issues through our company. I have been offering a 1 year warranty on 2.5 rebuilds and modified motors for the last 5 years. I don't know of any other shop that does this. I must be more confident in the finished product, I guess.

Guys, I'm in line for one of these this spring. I'll be heading back to the mecca of horsepower and speed in April to pick up my new 260! I will keep you guys abreast of how it goes/runs. tongue.gif

Cp