AnthonySS

NEW GPI EURO

Hey Randy, Whats the advantage of the offshore mid-section? Strength or better flow? As opposed to the standard 20" mid. Thanks in advance, oh yeah I am building that crate to send you my powerhead this weekend biggrin.gif

Chummy,

The offshore center is a sand cast piece and is stonger. It weighs 25lbs more though. No real performance advantage. Chris Bush told me once that during the Mod VP hay-days the bass center was making more power to the tune of a few horse. The offshore looks more "racy" I think, but we build both. I will post a 15" center that Tommy Johnson finished for me. It is a custom piece and is being painted now. It is 65lbs lighter that the merc 15" SS center. They ran a couple on their personal boats and I conned them into making one more. It might raise a few eyebrows so I post some pics when I get it from paint.

Randy

Ps: For B-rad.....how much faster than J.L. do you think you'll be? I'm predicting it will take a passenger to make the boats equal cool.gif .

Thanks for the quick reply, Yeah post a pic of that mid you are having painted sounds interesting. BTW are you planning on coming to any events down south this year?

Randy, The Johnsons, are they the ones with the canopy allison?. If so I saw it at a race I was in in 2000. Pretty slick!.

Also, I saw that Trish at Tradewinds had a clamp and lift assembly as one forsale a few years ago.

The merc clamp is so damn heavy!, Galen Burden also makes a beautiful unit.

Very interesting!

RT

Ps: For B-rad.....how much faster than J.L. do you think you'll be? I'm predicting it will take a passenger to make the boats equal cool.gif .

Oh geez listen to B-rad flapping his gums already and theres still 3 feet of snow, did you forget what happened the last time you put a decal on that cowl of yours. LOL

Jeff wink.gif

Ouch! huh.gif

I have to stick up for my pal B-rad. But this year he has an ace in his corner. And I don't show up unless I'm confident on being on top. ohmy.gif Besides I already know how fast the competition is. cool.gif Really though, I think next year will be real fun.

The Drag race club is coming together with some of the Illinois guys and we have a nice tour planned. Most events will be double weekends. (2 events per weekend) This will lessen the travel. The classes will be based on your boats performance not what equipment you own. This has worked exceptionally well the past 2 years and eliminates the need to purchase equipment just to go drag racing. If you have a boat, you will have a place to race and you will be competitive. We are talking of multiple heats or triple eliminations now. I feel if you make the effort to go you should be able to drive your boat. With the single elimination races or the doubles we had the last 2 years, we felt that it was a long way to tow for a short boat ride. There are lots of simple ways to make the classes very close. Like adding some weight or having me put a pin in your clamp bracket to hinder your ability to trim under (makes the hole shot last longer) for example. The ultimate goal is CLOSE racing, FUN, and to be able to TRUELY have a "lake racer" class (classes) for the vast majority of boats out there.

Keep the grudge matches going.... (the guys from "the great white north" have a corner on that market)

Randy

JLR - LOL, I was wondering how long it would take for you to see that post! HAHA

RP - thanks for the pin idea, now I know how to get Iverson! laugh.gif

Put 2 pins on my tab please and set it aside labelled "B-RAD's secret weapon"

Or I guess I could just empty his NOS bottle! ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

B-RAD