ProComp

NEW TRIAD DRX

LOVE WALLY'S WORK CURRENT AND THE NEW DRX- HOPE HE IS FFEELING BETTER- DO NOT FORGET THAT BYUBOYZ BROUGHT US TO SPEED ON THE NEW RIG-S@F IS DROWNING IN ITS OWN BS OVER THE POSTING-WHAT A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES!!! ON A BRIGHTER NOTE, AFTER DEWIT GETS THE FIRST DRX -OUR VERY OWN INDIANABOATER IS COMMITED TO THE SECOND HULL- AS SOON AS WALLY SENDS HIM SOME MORE PICS!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

PAUL

it's awsome looking, i personally think it has some old stv influence. it will be interesting to see what it brings to the table this year. can't wait.

DO NOT FORGET THAT BYUBOYZ BROUGHT US TO SPEED ON THE NEW RIG-S@F IS DROWNING IN ITS OWN BS OVER THE POSTING-WHAT A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES!!! ON A BRIGHTER NOTE, AFTER DEWIT GETS THE FIRST DRX -OUR VERY OWN INDIANABOATER IS COMMITED TO THE SECOND HULL- AS SOON AS WALLY SENDS HIM SOME MORE PICS!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

good one paul tongue.gif

NEVER MIND THE KIDDING- I HEAR LPB HAS A SPLASH OF THE DRX- CALLED THE DNF- SO MUCH FOR WALLY KEEPING THE THING A SECRET- BOY THOSE FLORIDA BOYZ ARE SNEAKY- WORD IS INDIANABOATER IS ON THE WAY TO PIC UP ROB LANKFORDS NEW LPB RR- ROB L. IS THE FIRST OWNER OF A LPB'S DNF. SEEMS THE FAR NORTH DRAG BOAT ASS. IS FALLING BEHIND THE TIMES- ALL THESE BUILDERS AND BOATS TO CHOOSE FROM- I JUST FEEL OUT OF PLACE WITH MY ROARK BUILT RIG- ALL THIS TALK OF MULTI LAYER TRI AXIAL SPACE AGE NIT TRIPLE VACCUM BAGGED PRODUCTS COMING FROM ALL THESE BUILDERS WITH PROPRIETARY LAYUP SCHEDULING- I HAVE TO ASK MYSELF HOW DID THEY EVEN BUILD BOATS THAT STAYED TOGETHER IN THE PAST!!!

Anyone know much about the Quartershot T1? Its 18ft 2".

How do they do against the current DR20 or is it a different class? I assume the DRX meets this one head on.

B-RAD

post-70-1108504740.jpg

Paul B....I dont get your little joke if thats what it is about me and a new splash of the new DRX.And while I'm at it I must say that it is a huge generalization to use the term (what a bunch of a$$holes at scream and fly).I as well as the majority have no problem with they way the new boat came to the public forum.Because three indaviduales voiced there opinion about it being in bad taste or copyrite infringement doesnt meen that all of Scream and fly members feels that way.If it makes you feel like a big man to throw me under the bus about my new boat wich I'm very proud of then have at it.I dont know you and your slinging mud on me and yet you call us scream and flyers a$$holes.I dont get it.What did I do to you to deserve those comments?If I have missunderstood your post than please excuse me.Rob L

Rob I was just making light of a combination of a few threads from various web sites- I am amazed at all the various parties intensity to see a point through- personally, my feeling is, as a consumer you make your choices in your purchases- clearly these chioces are subject to your situation, i.e cost and building quality- if LPB makes a product that you are satisfied with- I would never argue with you. as for LPB's splashing the boat that is a different story- as a consumer, I do not blame you buying a boat that is offered locally at a price point that is right for you with an exceptable build quality. as for the asshole remark- perhaps a little harsh- keep in mine that a man has dedicated his life to a sport that I enjoy. he has brought a boat to market that is highly anticipated and what happened!!! it eroded into a pissing match over legal rights- I think that is so sad- especially when considering Wally's health concerns!! what are people thinking- I know!! deflecting away from the DRX's release to a self preaching debate- this is excactly what S@F has become- incontext, of the debate surrounding the drx, that is where I was pointing the asshole remark to- in general my dealings with S@F members in the buy in sell forums has been excellent- I like the economic culture of S@F- the open forum one is, well, you know!!!

paul

Brad- glue on the desk- that is a luxury we at CIBC do not have!! now roach killer is more of what was parked over my desk yesterday- or should I say cot- eloquent-who is that?? today, the glass is half full and I am feeling optimistic about selling my boat, but I cannot seem to find those photo's of my dash for Indianaboater!!!! laugh.gif

Oh boy! Here we go again. RT, post it hear too as the odds of any of us seeing it before it gets deleted is slim to none.

B-RAD

RP - sent you a PM (saw your reading smile.gif )

ProComp -

Jack Barsh at Full Throttle builds a great boat in the Quartershot. There are not a lot of them around in many of the ODBA classes. But there is one that appears in Modified Production and a few that run well in Unlimited.

I am already getting parts together to rig the new DRX without having to take my current DR-20 apart. Like most new boats, getting the new boat riged and set up will take some time. Working with a prop guru and building a prop to match my engine's powerband and the new hull design will take time as well.

Like Galen (ER) said, the boat looks sexy in the photos, and the photos do not do it justice compared to seeing it in person.

Wally Lamkin and the great folks at Triad powerboats have done a great job!

Paul b,Thanx for the reply.I personaly dont agree with the way that thread went and the three who voiced there opinion of it was just that THREE PEOPLE.And I dont think pokeing fun of me because I have a Lightning Splash was rite.Take it to John.As I have stated before,I love the Triad boat and would have baught one If I could have.I want a new boat and not a used STV.Wally will get my money at some point thats a fact.Untill then this is what I have.You know ,when I first came on this site I asked if I was welcome even though I didnt own an STV and I was welcomed with open arms and for that I am greatfull.I was at that time head strong on buying one of Wallys boats but when the numbers hit me in the face I had to go with another Lightning.I know it rubs some of you wrong and that I cant help.My boat is the same as the Triad boat and I can learn from this site about my boat and things that pertain to the RR.If at any time yall dont want me here than just say so and I'll respectfully leave.There are several of the neatest and fastest guys in the business that have accepted me for having a SPLASH and those people have all my respect.People like Randy Peirson,Wayne Tripp,Marty Signorelli,and many other STV owners have let me in so to speak with total acceptence.As far as Scream and Fly go's,I have been part of the problem and have tried to be a better member.It is a great site as are others and it does offer a lot.Wether you agree or disagree with the Administrators doesnt change its overall nich in the hotboat community.Anyway thats enough from me.I think yall are great and hope to meet more of you in person.It seems that hotboaters allways get along better away from the computer anyway.Peac Rob Lankford

Congratulations Wally your new boat looks great!

ProComp,

yes the Quartershot T-1 is in the same class at the DR 20 and DRX. i bought a T-1 last year and race it in the DSRA's 1400 modified which is the same class as the ODBA's modified production. with the exception of taking it to the river a couple of times the only testing i've done is at the races. the boat comes out quick and drives like a dream at speed. out of 10-15 boats at every race last year i ended up with a 4th place at every race and was 5th overall. hopefully with some real testing this year and some more HP from ol' Evin Rude it will be a tough boat to beat.

it's still yet to be proven, but it's pretty safe to say that fastest pro gas boat this year will be a Quartershot. what do you think Wayne? wink.gif

IF HE CAN KEEP IT RUNNING THEN YES, IT MAY ALSO BE A REPEAT OF LAST YEAR FOR BOHT OMC'S.

I would like to Say that Wally has created an awsome new Hot Rod. I can't wait to see this thing at the races.

I am glad Wally asked me to be apart of the Press Release!!!

Hey Wayne, Thanks for giving me your money.. I hope you like second place.