W. Tripp

Hull Balance

I've run a 27 and a 29 Mazco RE-3. I like those the best. I've also run a 28 Merc hump-back 4-blade cleaver. I've tried a 3-blade 30 cleaver as well. The RE's seem to run the best to me.

It has some torque steer, but not too much, and it seems to get less and less as the speed goes up. Seems to be the worst around 40mph or so. No torque tab, just what's built into a stock sportmaster.

the boat just doesnt want to run flat like it should. its easy to drive with a passenger, half hairy solo. i will be trying

the lead trick this weekend. best speed so far was 114 with a 32 cleaver. tried a 32 et, went 110, but had to get out

of it before the wife smacked me. tried the 32 et solo, and it will not settle down around 105, just didnt like it at all.

i was thinking of trying a four bladed hump back cleaver to get some more tail lift for the extra weight of the 300x.

i was hoping maybe inspector lance could help with this one as he runs a heavier motor with the sporty case?

Matt, want to give my 4 blades a try? Just need to know if yoyr's is a small or fat shaft so I can bring the hub?

larry, sure, i got the little one. i talked to rbt today and he said he would start with taking off the jack plate. an extra 100 pounds

back that far is a good bit. rob, thanks for the info today, sorry to pick your brain. what props do you have larry? if i can get it to

run low teens with a 32 and high teens with a 34 i will be satisified with my engine choice. if not, it will get another drag.

Instead of the shot bag use one of those mud anchors. This is what I bought and had planned on placing in a mount in the left sponson. Now I think I'll make these mounts movable or multiple to move it a bit fwd aft.

Forgot how much it wieghs but its a plastic bullet with fins and filled with shot.

Hmm pure chance was correct rigging. I'm glad I popped back in. :o

Both are Hackney 4 blade drag props in 28 and 30pitch. While not the fastest on the Euro the 30 should be good enough to get a feel on what's going on. And the 30 was reworked...

im putting on a 14 1/2 x 30 cleaver this weekend, and throwing a bag of shot way up in the front. if i like it, off comes the jack plate

and will go from there. trikki is bringing a 14 1/2 x 32 merc hump back cleaver next weekend as well.

see ya soon.

matt

For sure add some weight in the nose...I ran about 25 to 50 in mine...depending on the laod on a PCS with a jack plate...so yeah on a Euro with a 300....may be a Very good idea

...I ran about 25 to 50 in mine

ill try that, if it works, off comes the jack plate and then will try it from there. anyone ever put a battery in the front?

...I ran about 25 to 50 in mine

ill try that, if it works, off comes the jack plate and then will try it from there. anyone ever put a battery in the front?

Mount some big azzzz subs and a couple amps on the bulkhead. That outta do it! :D

Mount some big azzzz subs and a couple amps on the bulkhead. That outta do it! :D

I like the way your thinkin!!!

My odyssey battery weighs 25lbs so I think one is going next to the passenger.

I'm using welding cable so the long run isn't a problem just the mounting. And it isn't a rigging hold up- I can skip it if needed.

Matt. Good to hear you're getting some good #'s. Im dealing with pretty much the same thing you are. First off I havent had much time on the water with my new setup. My local lakes have been too rough, and too many idiots out there. I can rip up to 100 mph real quik, but then have to let off due to waves, and other boaters. With no passenger in the boat it is real flighty, and the left sponson does a bounce. With a passenger it rides allot better. Anything over 100 its a wild ride. I have seen 109, but the boat did not take a set, and was a wild ride. What I need to do is take the time to go and play with it some more. I havent been in a good enough location to stay in it and play with the trim at speed to get the tail to lift and bow to drop.

Have you removed the set back yet and bolted to the transom ? If so how was it ?

Lance

still have the set back. what prop are you running? i cant run anything but a cleaver solo so far. the boat does

the same thing, not nearly as bad since i raised the engine. what height are you at? i found it works best to

"blast" thru the wild zone and the boat settles down nice. if i try a nice gradual speed increase the boat gets

stuck at that 103-104 wobble. call me sometime.

matt

717-587-8078

If your vacation allows it go out in the morning during a weekday. I work on the water and took mine out that morning after seeing the lake dead calm. My boss was a bit confused why I drove in to take the day off. My lake is almost always calm in the morning.

I also went out during off hours. There seems to be an unofficial time people put their boats in and a time they just have to get out. I've seen 20 boats lined up to leave when if they waited an hour there would be no line. I think it was 7-7:30 pm on saturdays and sundays. It was the magic time. The vampires came out or something.

Your lakes should have a calm time and a lemming run of boaters. You might be able to work around those 2.