STV_Keith

What does your boat weight

When I got To the Triad shop to p/u my boat Wally and Robbie had my boat hanging from the scales. 960 LB. Complete boat, full stereo, ski pole, double kevlar, console, nav lights. The only thing that I needed to add was a battery and bolt the motor to the jack plate. I figure that I am about 1500 lb. with no gas.

I dont have any good GPS #'s yet. Damm lu broke when testing. New GPI Titus on the way. Should have some good #'s in a few weeks.

Lance

My yellow RR weighs 1198 pounds fully rigged with the rear seats (40 pounds lighter with the race fairing). {Hull weight is 581 pounds}

Double Kevlar and Okume lay up.

15 inch mid with long ram.

Stock 280 rotator, with 260 electronics and SVS. {subject to change at any time}

Cable steering

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My red Euro weighed 1400 pounds rigged. The hull weight alone was 798 pounds.

20 inch offshore mid and stock 280 or modified Drag engines.

Seastar Pro hydraulic steering.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both weighed on the ODBA scales.

My yellow RR weighs 1198 pounds fully rigged with the rear seats (40 pounds lighter with the race fairing).

15 inch mid with long ram.

Stock 280 rotator, with 260 electronics and SVS. {subject to change at any time}

Cable steering

My red Euro weighed 1400 pounds rigged.

20 inch offshore mid and stock 280 or modified Drag engines.

Seastar Pro hydraulic steering.

Both weighed on the ODBA scales.

Wayne, How much did your hull weigh? I'm trying to guestimate mine without weighing it. Thanks Dixon

Dixon,

I was shooting for 530 pounds, it came in a bit heavier due to using the K1200 cloth.

Edit: Wally said the hull weight is 581 pounds.

I have used certified truck scales to weigh trailer and then boat/trailer combo. They are usually less than 3 pounds off the ODBA scales. And the 3 pounds might just be MY weight changing over a period of a few days.

I use the drive on scale at the local landscape supplyer and its within five lbs of the scales that Jack Barsh just bought that we use for the FBI races.I weigh the trailer first Like Wayne and then the boat with the trailer.I check it by standing on then stepping off the scale.If it goes up the same as my body weight than I know its close.For the record my Red flame boat is 1650 with me and five gallons of gas and my Allison seat shell race weight.My white boat was 1500 full weight with me,gas,prop,helmet etc.Theyre both too damn heavy ohmy.gif

even though mines a quartershot and not a stv, i know what everything weighs so it might be of some help.

bare unrigged hull with seat and belts weighs 522lbs.

river ready (with driver) a 15" mid and a short ram, 1 optima blue top, seastar pro hydraulic steering, wiring, trim system, fuel system, prop and me (185lbs) and no gas it weighs 1280lbs.

race ready (with driver) 2 optima blue tops (41lbs each), 1 optima 6 volt (20lbs) and an extra 90lbs of lead it weighs 1432lbs with me and no gas

KEITH,

Sounds like our weights where not far off. Mine was guess-timated and included the driver

STV_Weight.bmp

humm, I just used Anthony's spread sheet for my boat and gustimated a few parts, looks like I am around 1835lbs fully equipedw/ driver. ohmy.gifohmy.gif So apparently the fat driver has a lot to do with my boat being slow. biggrin.gif LOL

Well my Summerford and JLR's Triad Euro's came in about 2100 lbs on a trailer at local truck scales. Mines a single axle Hustler and his is a single axle Customline. I can't remember what the trailers weighed alone as we did it last summer. I'm thinking maybe 600 lbs or so putting them at about 1500 lbs less driver ready to run.

Anybody know how much a single axle custom line trailer weighs including the spare tire, yep Brad mine was 2090 lbs with a 1/4 tank of gas. I figured the trailer weighed around 700 lbs as its built pretty heavy duty. At that weight it would put the boat around 1400 lbs

Jeff

KEITH...yeah that tandem was heavy...I figured 800 or so...and yes I figured the whole tow package to be 2500 to 3000#...it could have benefited with surge brakes as you could feel it on my 1/2 ton with SMALL brakes when trying to stop.

Also when loaded on the the hitch it would makes the ball go down about 2"...on half ton springs. Lots of tongue weight and was a dream to tow on long hauls on that tandem biggrin.gif

If anyone wants a copy of the XCEL spread sheet for approx weights...let me know and I can email it as an attchment to you...

There is more to it then I showed as I also have a cloumn for light weight boats with less fuel too.

post-6-1112190392.jpg

Here are a few useful weights:

powerhead - 185 pounds

exhaust adapter plate - 16 pounds

Mud-sections with exhaust plates and tuners:

15 inch mid - with standard ram - 125 pounds

15 inch with short OS ram - 115 pounds

15 inch with OS ram and lightened clamp brackets - 104 pounds

12 inch with ram and hoses - 66 pounds (all three types)

Adapter plate for V6 gearcase on 12 inch mid - 4.5-5.5 pounds

Torquemaster gearcase complete with nosecone - 52 pounds with 20 inch shaft.

Hydraulic Seastar Pro steering - 100 pounds

Rapid Jack with 5-6 inches of set back - 15-20 pounds. Some of the older ones weighed as much as 26 pounds.

110 sunoco race fuel with 32:1 oil weighs 6.25 pounds per gallon.

Fish

I haven't weighed one in 3 years, so I am going from memory. But I want to say that the standard 20 inch weighs about the same as a 15 inch, and the 20 inch OS weighs 25 pounds more - about 145-150 pounds.

I am going to say that the 15" is the heaviest, it has that solid 2"s added.... that has to weigh more than 5"s of can....... but I am just guessing.

I can weigh them on the weekend.

RT

Anthony, If you will email me the spread sheet for light boats. Just curious........I've got an idea but would like to see how it comes up with the sheet. How much does the stock 28 gal tank weigh alone. I don't remember the details but I think its fairly heavy compared to a fuel cell. Thanks Dixon

Micheal...spread sheet is emailed to you.

I think the stock tank must be around 15#

Micheal...spread sheet is emailed to you.

I think the stock tank must be around 15#

Thanks Anthony, I'll have to wait for my wife to get home........I'm computer illiterate and can't make it download. I'm on a laptop.........our other computer is shot. I was thinking that I saved about 15 lbs going to the fuel cell but I may be wrong. Thanks again. Dixon