STV_Keith

What does your boat weight

I can weigh the stock tank on the weekend, I am sure it is more then 15 lbs. I can also weigh a fuel cell if that will help, I have a 8 and 12 gallon Jaz in the the shop.

RT

I can weigh the stock tank on the weekend, I am sure it is more then 15 lbs. I can also weigh a fuel cell if that will help, I have a 8 and 12 gallon Jaz in the the shop.

RT

Thanks Doc. What you and Blake up to? Let me know if yall weigh Barney.......I think Gregs boat is close in weight to it(maybe a little heavier) Talk to ya soon, Dixon

Barney is 510 lbs

I have started to rig it. Still waiting on some parts from Boatworks, they were shipped yesterday so we should be well on the way soon. Motor is still apart, waiting on rods pins and pistons from Brendan.

RT

Barney is 510 lbs

I have started to rig it. Still waiting on some parts from Boatworks, they were shipped yesterday so we should be well on the way soon. Motor is still apart, waiting on rods pins and pistons from Brendan.

RT

No the yellow boat isn't that light at all. Let me know what running weight you end up with. I'm still dieting Casper but can't seem to find much more weight to loose.

I may be a off on the weights for the 20 inch mids - it's been a while. I will weigh an OS 20 and a standard 20 next week along with a few more gearcases and add it to the list above. I plan on making it to the lake with the STV this weekend. I KNOW the weights in the list above with the 12-15 inch stuff are correct.

If these weights are used in a spreadsheet like the one Anthony has, it could be a very usefull tool.

The taniks weigh, 19 for the stock tank 14 and 12 for the Jaz fuel cells. Not much different, I was suprised!.

RT

Thanks Rob, Yeah I'd have thought it would have been heavier. Dixon

THANKS MIKE....

That Euro is pretty light...Nice smile.gif

My ModVP weighed 1402 with my 225 pound dead weight in the boat at Vidor and 5 gallons of fuel on board.

1991 2.4 BP offshore 20"

So I can find a few pounds here and there but it will take some $$$$!!

My river rocket was 569lbs ready for the motor. Made from some nice materials, it is stiffer than the 775lb boats we sold last year. Tested this Saturday and found with my MAD efi motor I had to run 35lbs up by the front bulkhead. With the latest gearcases Titus and I have done we get more natural bow lift in every boat we've run them on. Side benefit I guess. I had some extra time and tried a SVS verses a Mad efi front...same boat, same day etc. Ran a PCU for fuel control. Was pretty shocked at the result. The SVS was much like when I ran it last year, I varied the fuel control and EGT to make sure it was at it's best. The Taylor front is something I've been playing with. While it takes some time to set up (wants the butterflys closed at idle and fitting the fuel components takes some additional time) the thing ran 3-400rpm faster than anything I'd ever run...from 1175-1275 on exhaust temp..I tried a ton of settings but no matter, it was seriously fast everytime. I have never seen anything add that much in a bolt-on before. While I am just getting to know this system, I'm pretty pleased with the result. I tested with a 14 1/2 X 30 Hoss triton and from a 20 mph roll it would run in to the 9000rpm range in barely a quarter mile. The lift thing was giving me issues but adding the weight solved them. The boat hates running tons of negative trim, when you lift after a run with lots of neg trim it pops the tail pretty violently.

Thought you guys might like some feedback.

Randy

Thanks for the info Randy. I've been considering the MAD setup. Seems that a lot of the motors that get good fuel mileage (carb motors for the most part) inject the fuel before the reeds. Also, there was the though/hope of some power.

Do you normally run the EGT's up to that point? I've really tried to keep mine under 1200. Don't want to find out where the pistons give up you know. I have my probes in the bottom two exh divider bolt holes.

For the EGT question, I usually run my temps around 1190-1200 degrees. During the test I experimented with some extreme temps to see if it made a difference. Good gas gave me a little cushion to do this but the motor really didn't go faster with the temps up near 1275-1300. It punched better for about a second but didn't add anything on the big end. I went back to my usual setting before the pistons had a chance to switch holes.

As I mess with this set up I'll post some of the results. I'm just learning what it wants but as I said I was pretty bowled over on the first result. The motor I am running this on is a Tom Johnson fully ported drag block with 24cc heads. Next week we are installing one on a 1/2 port (what Tom calls the port job) 260. This may be more of what most have here on the STV board so I'll let you guys know if the same result happens on that engine. I make it a rule to experiment on my own equipment before putting stuff on my customer motors. This next motor is a customer motor but he is close by and visits here weekly. So far I'm very impressed and my little drag engine idles like a promax at 700 rpm with no hesitation up to 9500+rpm.

More to come..

Randy

Sounds great Randy....any top speeds to report in the cool spring air yet:)

OK Guess the weight of this Ally Grandsport we just weighed....

Fully rigged, dual cable steering 8" Jackplate, full size battery, no trim pump and 45 lbs of lead shot. No motor.

post-70-1114094992.jpg

oops I forgot the jackplate...make it 1000#

1079 less whatever the straps weigh. Close guess's guys! smile.gif

If Pally's shop wasn't so far away, I'd hang the Euro!

Taking the boat to GPI tomorrow. Won't be long now!!!!!!

THANKS BRAD,

Don't forget that those ALLI's are bad for making the loose change come out of your pocket biggrin.gif

I forgot to account for that extra weight biggrin.gif

THANKS BRAD,

Don't forget that those ALLI's are bad for  making the loose change come out of your pocket biggrin.gif

I forgot to account for that extra weight biggrin.gif

94 PoleCat 1425 with me 215 and no Fuel

93 Ski Racer 1464 with Me and No Fuel

My Brother has an STV Sprint with ProComp top Deck that weighs an astonishing 1160 with him in it , fully rigged , no fuel...

He will be running 1400 Modified pro later this year.....

My Old RiverRocket weighed 720.

Wayne, what do yout think the difference is in weight of SeaStar (helm, kevlar hoses, ram, fluid) vs. Cable (helm, pulleys, cable, wing plates)? Curious, that's all.

Well Barney is rigged and weighed, it weighs 1071 ready to run, no fuel no driver.

I can cut over 100 lbs out if I went to a 12" mid, smaller batter, no trim computer, no racepak, and one fuel pump.

Oh..... and the boat is stronger than a 750 lb rocket.

RT